• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vitakraft treats advice

dutchbunny

Mama Doe
I actually wonder, are they good for our buns? I stick to the nibble rings, loftys and alfalfa slims as they seems to be all natural with grass and hay etc in them but just wanted to check with the fountain of knowledge.

They only get one ring or a lofty in the morning and in the evening so not a lot but still want to make sure I look after my babies well.

No idea, I think most have sugar in but not sure.

Poppy gets egg biscuits :oops: I know she shouldn't but she gets a small 'slice' a day or every other day, sometimes a bit a week. She comes running if she hears the box with them in open! She really loves them, she can't eat hay and is on an only pellet diet so that is her treat for 'variety' as it is literally the only other thing she eats!

i'm really mean and don't feed any shop-bought treats as I reckon they all contain sugar/honey and so are not good. I buy the packets of dried flowers/leaves and woody bits instead.

My bunny treats consist of either a fenugreek crunchie, a Fibafirst stick, coneflower, or coltsfoot :)

I tend to only buy Fenugreek crunchies or Liz's biscuits. They get those about once or twice a week. They go crazy for their Fibafirst so that's virtually a treat. Mind you, they go crazy for fresh hay! Then I forage and grow stuff, they especially like pea pods so I dry those for an all year round treat.

No idea, I think most have sugar in but not sure.

Poppy gets egg biscuits :oops: I know she shouldn't but she gets a small 'slice' a day or every other day, sometimes a bit a week. She comes running if she hears the box with them in open! She really loves them, she can't eat hay and is on an only pellet diet so that is her treat for 'variety' as it is literally the only other thing she eats!

Our Holly does too :oops:...but as a rare treat about once a week. She goes crazy for them:D

We give ours slightly sugary treats but only once a week or so or when they've had a fright over something.

Actually had a look at the treats I give, no sugar! All natural ingredients like grass and alfalfa. thats good then.

Back