• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Paving Slabs !!!

Hi
Just moved my bunnys into there me home xx in a shed.. There is a run getting attached but we don't know what to put on the floor as there is decking where the shed is x I said paving slabs but my dad said no then I said what about wood on the floor with paving slabs layed down on top but he still says no any other ideas xxx

How come its a no to slabs? My two are on slabs and its really easy to sweep out. I did have them on decking once but they chewed the ridges and totally ruined it. :D

They are so easy to find for free so if it is price then try to sway it!

You need something, it cant go directly on the decking really

They are so easy to find for free so if it is price then try to sway it!

You need something, it cant go directly on the decking really

My dad sed just put wood down but I said what's wrong with putting wood down with paving slabs on top but he still sed no

Please help

Rubber stable matting is a good thing to use for outdoors. Lots of people use it when their bunny has sore hocks, and it withstands outdoors perfectly well. It's designed for horses but you can often get perfect size 6 x 4 (or whatever size your run is) pieces, so it's nice and convenient to have one big piece and it doesn't look unsightly.

What were your dads reasons for saying no to slabs etc? Is it because they're permanent? Cost a lot? Require a lot of effort to put down?

What is currently on the floor where the run will be? Is grass, and there's a fear the bunnies might dig out? If so, then the trixie metal runs are good to stable/screw to the bottom of the run - they prevent bunnies digging out but have nice large gaps for grass to grow through for nibbling.

If you're a bit more specific I'm sure we can come up with a suitable alternative :wave:

Rubber stable matting is a good thing to use for outdoors. Lots of people use it when their bunny has sore hocks, and it withstands outdoors perfectly well. It's designed for horses but you can often get perfect size 6 x 4 (or whatever size your run is) pieces, so it's nice and convenient to have one big piece and it doesn't look unsightly.

What were your dads reasons for saying no to slabs etc? Is it because they're permanent? Cost a lot? Require a lot of effort to put down?

What is currently on the floor where the run will be? Is grass, and there's a fear the bunnies might dig out? If so, then the trixie metal runs are good to stable/screw to the bottom of the run - they prevent bunnies digging out but have nice large gaps for grass to grow through for nibbling.

If you're a bit more specific I'm sure we can come up with a suitable alternative :wave:

It's because it will damage the decking but I like the idea of rubber matting

sorry to boycott your thread :lol:

Where can you get this horse rubber stuff from? I can only find stuff that's like a 'grid' because a level 'mat' would be perfect for my girls' new run, to get them off the cold slabs :D

Try stable mats or rubber play mats?

I am about to purchase some stable mates myself for my outdoor run and have seen some sold on Amazon and Ebay. The rubber play mats are on those sites too or can be found at Tesco :)

Back