• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feelings of guilt ... Holidays

Rab-bit

Alpha Buck
I love my Moley and Poppy so much and have that dreaded feeling in the pit of my stomach when I go away (even though my bunny boarder is v good with them) I always worry something might happen to them before I return and I know I am going to miss seeing them EVERY day but............

I do feel some relief to not have the responsibity of caring for them for a week, I feel like a bad bunny mummy for feeling this way, I think it's because I love and care for them so much I am alway secretly worrying about whether they are happy, are they eating enough without any problems, are they pooing ok, have I fed them on time, this can be draining at times.

This being said when I get back from holiday I can't wait to see them; watch them Binky, have nose rubs, stroke them and watch them groom each other/play.

Does anyone else feel this way or am I just selfish. It's so confusing owning bunnies :?

I dread leaving mine because I worry a lot about whether something will go wrong, more so than any other pet, ever.
On the flip side, I need to get away sometimes and it wouldn't be fair on the rabbits to cart them around with me.

I usually just go for a few days rather than a whole week and because they're staying at home, checked as often as I normally would and care instructions couldn't be simpler, I feel ok about it.

I don't really miss them as such, just worry :oops:

I do worry about them both, but I know Ian will look after them well while I am away. :) I am off to India for just under 3 weeks next Monday so Ian will be caring for them. To be honest they probably get healthier when I am not around because he doesn't give them treats like mummy does!

You are not alone in having feelings of guilt. When my gang are on their hols, I think about them alot but try not to worry about them as they are in safe hands.

I do boarding on a small scale and many people feel guilty.......some of the adult owners have even been in tears when leaving their little loved ones!!!!:roll::roll:;)

Thanks everyone it's good to know I'm not alone on this one. I think that buns are just so delicate and loveable, I guess we are lucky we have people we can trust to look after our precious bundles of fluff when we aren't there. ;)

Back