• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ailsa is overgrooming Harris

happysaz133

Wise Old Thumper
I'm not entirely sure what I should do. I found a pink baldy spot on his back, just past the length of his ears, I wondered if he maybe had mites, but over the last few days everytime I have seen Ailsa with him she's grooming this particular spot. She's always been very friendly like that towards him (very one sided relationship :lol:), but she seems somewhat fixated on grooming this spot.

Do you think I should put anything on it? I don't want it to get any worse, but also, I don't want her to be obsessed over something. :wave:

Would something like this help? http://www.petsathome.com/shop/johnsons-tea-tree-skin-cream-33872

If it isnt harmful for the bunnies to eat as well it may stop her grooming so much too if she tries it again and get the funny taste in her mouth. I am just going by the reviews on the site though

Same thing happened with Disney and Belle, they live in a group and are the best friends and halfsiblings at the same time. Disney would groom a side of belle leaving a nasty spot, she would bite of the hairs when it growed back and create a wound in the spot.
I neutered a buck at that time and put him in the group as the only boy and disney stopped with her groom obsession ever since, they both love the male and cuddle with him all day.

Same thing happened with Disney and Belle, they live in a group and are the best friends and halfsiblings at the same time. Disney would groom a side of belle leaving a nasty spot, she would bite of the hairs when it growed back and create a wound in the spot.
I neutered a buck at that time and put him in the group as the only boy and disney stopped with her groom obsession ever since, they both love the male and cuddle with him all day.

Are you suggesting I get another bunny? ;) :lol:

Back