• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pen Design Suggestion Needed Please

Janey

Warren Veteran
So I have 3 buns, a pair and a single (wont bond), they are living in a room together in seperate pens, Pixie is seperated from the other two by NIC cubes, however, she keeps jumping out so currently when im not home or am in bed is confined to her dog crate (not ideal). So, I need to make some changes but don't know what to do.

Ive just received delivery of another pack of NIC cubes so I can put some sort of 'roof' on her pen, but I still need access to feed and clean her out (at the moment I can easily step over), has anyone got any suggestions? I was thinking if a kind of door hinged somehow but I *think* she once managed to squeeze between the panels before I put cable ties on (although I could be wrong, she may have gone over).

Also Peter has a tendancy to jump onto what he considers to be solid surfaces (I did cover pen woth a sheet begore but woke up to Peter snuggled in Pixies litter tray being groomed, he's obviously fallen through the sheet after trying to jump on it), do the top needs to be quite sturdy to avoid any accidents.

So pic below of current set-up. Anybody have any nifty design ideas?

9d38346d76653305711d91db7687d243.jpg

Have you tried a sheet of some kind? I know it's not going to be solid but would be easier for you to put on and remove (maybe elasticated?) and might be worth a try first.

When I had a NIC pen we had the two sides of the roof put in properly and then an extra bit with cable ties for a hinge and a peg to keep it down. It wasn't as big as your pen though.

e8316c8b.jpg

This is before we put a lid on but it gives you an idea.

Have you tried a sheet of some kind? I know it's not going to be solid but would be easier for you to put on and remove (maybe elasticated?) and might be worth a try first.

When I had a NIC pen we had the two sides of the roof put in properly and then an extra bit with cable ties for a hinge and a peg to keep it down. It wasn't as big as your pen though.

e8316c8b.jpg

This is before we put a lid on but it gives you an idea.

Thanks for the picture. I think I will have to do a hinge of somesort and hope she doesn't squeeze through the panels, I'm thinking that I'm wrong and she went over rather than through before.

I did try a sheet but Peter trys to jump on it because he thinks it's solid :roll:, silly bunny!!

Thanks for the picture. I think I will have to do a hinge of somesort and hope she doesn't squeeze through the panels, I'm thinking that I'm wrong and she went over rather than through before.

I did try a sheet but Peter trys to jump on it because he thinks it's solid :roll:, silly bunny!!

Aw silly Peter!

I'm trying to find a pic of it with lid but I cant find any :S I'm sure with a bit of experimenting with some cable ties you would be able to do something. Ours moved pretty freely but was secure enough to keep Mini in (the reason we had to put a lid on! Found her outside one day as pleased as punch.)

Aw silly Peter!

I'm trying to find a pic of it with lid but I cant find any :S I'm sure with a bit of experimenting with some cable ties you would be able to do something. Ours moved pretty freely but was secure enough to keep Mini in (the reason we had to put a lid on! Found her outside one day as pleased as punch.)

Ha ha, it always pleases a bunny to defeat us :lol:

Yes, I think it may be a bit of trial and error, will be my challenge for the week, I've been a bad bunny Mummy and haven't had time to do it this weekend, oops.

My bun is always jumping out of his pen, I bought some correx from a sign maker, was only a fiver, and use that as a 'roof'. lightweight but sturdy and doesn't look a mess, easy to access his litter tray etc but impossible for him to get out.

Back