• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Help! Rabbit constantly licking paws and wobbly..

Suzyjo

Warren Scout
Anyone got any ideas what this may be? She keeps licking her paws, making a really loud noise and when she tries to walk she wobbles.. She keeps kinda falling into the water bowl aswell and just sitting there with her paws in it..

Help would be appreciated!!

She's wobbly when trying to walk? Bunnies do groom their paws a lot, is she just losing balance slightly when she's grooming?
If not and she is wobbly when walking then It could be E.C in which case you need to get her to the vet asap, where they'll give her panacur or lapizole and also metacam.
It could also be an ear infection affecting her balance so it may be good to treat for that as well.
Hopefully someone will come along with more knowledge than me.

How is bunny in herself? Happy to eat and drink etc?

No, she's fine when she's grooming it's just when she tries to move.. At the minute she's just sat still staring down, she looks weird aswell.. like not how she normally looks, her hips seems to be sticking out further than normal! As strange as that sounds!

She was fine, running around pestering for food up until an hour or so ago when she just kind of stopped. When I put their tea down she's normally the first one over but she didn't even look up. I should have known then that something was wrong :cry:

Going to find number for vet now!

No, she's fine when she's grooming it's just when she tries to move.. At the minute she's just sat still staring down, she looks weird aswell.. like not how she normally looks, her hips seems to be sticking out further than normal! As strange as that sounds!

She was fine, running around pestering for food up until an hour or so ago when she just kind of stopped. When I put their tea down she's normally the first one over but she didn't even look up. I should have known then that something was wrong :cry:

Going to find number for vet now!

call your normal vet, they will have an answer message with details of the emergency vet on it.
Hope bunny will be ok, but you're quite right taking her to the vet it sounds worrying :( xxxx

And as far as I'm aware E.C can cause hing leg weakness etc as well, soo there is a possibility it could be that.

I am sorry for your loss. It sounds like it was something very nasty for her to have gone so quickly. :cry::cry:

I'm so sorry you lost her. I seriously doubt a vet could have helped in that situation, and I'm not just saying that. Thinking of you x

Back