• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

What's wrong with my bunny? Help?

Sagemacd

Young Bun
Charlie my 3 year old lop is walking sideways, falling over, falling into side of pen and his head is tilted to side. He is eating and doesn't look in pain but I'm sooooo worried, what could this be? I have an appointment at vet at 5:40

It could either be a bad ear infection or E. Cuniculi. The vet should treat for both as a precaution. Your bun will need panacur, antibiotics and pain relief. I hope he improves soon. Try to keep him confined to a small space and put rolled up towels round the edges so he doesn't hurt himself. Make sure he has water in a bowl not a bottle xxx

I don't want to scare you but sounds like it could be an inner ear infection or E. cuniculi :( it could also be possible that your bun has had a stroke, my best advice would be please make sure you bring him to the vets asap. xxx

It could either be a bad ear infection or E. Cuniculi. The vet should treat for both as a precaution. Your bun will need panacur, antibiotics and pain relief. I hope he improves soon. Try to keep him confined to a small space and put rolled up towels round the edges so he doesn't hurt himself. Make sure he has water in a bowl not a bottle xxx

This. I would try to get him to the vet before 5.40 personally. We woke up one Sunday and Mischa was doing exactly as you describe, got him to the vets as soon as we could and he was put on treatment for both ear infection and EC. He made a full recovery in the end but it was hard going to him and us. Worth it though. :love:

this, hope the vet can help him feel better soon

Not an ear infection :-( hoping it was just that. Vet thinks it's E.C he got a steroid jag and I've to take him back at 9 tomorrow. I've been reading up on E.C I'm soo worried.

Back