• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit carriers?

I've been looking for a bag to carry my bun in so he can run round the garden at my dad's. I'd rather have a bag type than a normal plastic pet carrier. Does anyone have any recommendations? I've seen a good value one on zooplus.com but I've never used this site before so I'm a bit wary.

Thanks!:thumb:

Zooplus is a great site, I use it all the time. I am sure you even get 5% discount as a new customer.

ETA: It is actually 10% you get off, even better!

I'm a big Zooplus fan :thumb: always buying something off there:lol:

Zooplus is a great site, I use it all the time. I am sure you even get 5% discount as a new customer.

ETA: It is actually 10% you get off, even better!

Nice one! Thanks guys! Is there anything you recommend I should buy for my indoor bun? He has all the basics and a tunnel which he loves. Are there any treats or toys you'd recommend?

Nice one! Thanks guys! Is there anything you recommend I should buy for my indoor bun? He has all the basics and a tunnel which he loves. Are there any treats or toys you'd recommend?

Mine used to love the baskets with some dried forage and things in, it also has a huge sweetcorn cob in but I just took that out as its not good for bunnies. They eat the baskets then too! made from willow I think :) They can't digest sweetcorn properly I don't think. I bought 3 for £7, not sure how much they are now :p

Zooplus is reputable. I wouldn't recommend a bag type carrier though, for two reasons. First, bunnies can chew through fabric incredibly quickly if they want to, but maybe more crucially, a bag carrier isn't going to provide your bunny with any protection if you happen to come across a dog while on the way to your dads (or at the vets, or wherever you use it). For the sake of something that is a bit of a pain to store, I would definitely recommend you get a good solid carrier that is much safer for bunny. Depending on where bunny lives, you could always get one where the front comes off and then it can be put into bunny's normal house as a 'den'. That way, the carrier is familiar to your bun when they need to go in it, plus you don't need to store it anywhere!

Zooplus is reputable. I wouldn't recommend a bag type carrier though, for two reasons. First, bunnies can chew through fabric incredibly quickly if they want to, but maybe more crucially, a bag carrier isn't going to provide your bunny with any protection if you happen to come across a dog while on the way to your dads (or at the vets, or wherever you use it). For the sake of something that is a bit of a pain to store, I would definitely recommend you get a good solid carrier that is much safer for bunny. Depending on where bunny lives, you could always get one where the front comes off and then it can be put into bunny's normal house as a 'den'. That way, the carrier is familiar to your bun when they need to go in it, plus you don't need to store it anywhere!

Thank you for your help. I still haven't bought one yet so I'll definitely go for a sturdier one.

Back