• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bond gone. Buster in statis. Can i bond a neutured boy with unspayed doe?

foxy2279

Alpha Buck
Buster was bonded with his brother Brownie.

The bond was fragile to say the least now Brownie won't let Buster eat and is attacking him every time he tries (charging and nipping at his bottom). This has been going on for the last few days. I tried feeding him seperately but now he wouldn't eat at all. Every time he went to eat he looked where Brownie was and run back away from the bowl despite Brownie being locked in the run and him in the hutch. I'm keeping a eye on him but he's still not eaten since being seperated. Got a appointment for my vet at 6.30 for gut meds if needed.

Now i have another Bunny Belle but Belle is a young unspayed female. I think she would make the perfect parrner for Buster. She is very calm and loving and in need of bunny company. I know leaving Brownie alone isn't ideal but i don't know what else to do. I think it has gone to far this time for me to repair.

Could i put the two together?

personally I'd seperate Buster and Brownie, make sure Buster eats again and by the sounds of it, I'd be inclined to keep them separate for a while, then try putting them next to each other through mesh/bars and see what happens. how old is Belle? It's better to spay a female and then bond with a neutered buck, to minimise even more fighting. I did an unspayed female/neutered male and it worked...eventually! it took a LONG time! good luck, hope Buster eats soon:wave:

Buster is now eating :D Had to run to asda and get him some corriandor his favorite.

Belle is still a baby at just over 5 months hopefully being spayed at the end of the month.

My vet suggested trying to get the boys back together and scatter feeding them to make sure Brownie can't taken procession of the bowls. Giving Buster a better chance of getting food in him.

Fingers crossed this works. As Buster is so down and lonely on his own. Brownie doesn't seem to mind being alone and is totally unfazed by the hole thing just carrying on as usual.

Back