• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

2 boys - previously fine but big fight last night...

MooLou

Warren Scout
ok... Am posting this on behalf of my sis...

She has 2 bun buns both boys, lived together since they got them at christmas last year and they've been absolutely fine all this time.

Last week (thurs i think) they both moved into a new bigger hutch that previously had 2 other rabbits living in it (mine:)) but she disenfected the whole thing before moving them in.

Sister came down to them this morning and theyve had a big fight and 1 of them, who is definately skinnier, had a lump missing from his ear and was shaking scared.... She has split them up for now as she has to go out for the day.

Question is... treat this a 1 off and hope they are ok or definitely split and attempt rebond....??

neither buns have had the snip by the way...

thanks for all advice... :)

I would neuter them both as intact males are likely to fall out at some point. Hormones and the change in environment have both probably contributed. I can't advise on whether you should re-introduce in the short term as I don't know enough about dealing with intact males.

Now they've been separated they shouldn't really go back together until they've been neutered and then your sister will have to wait 6 weeks before attempting a rebond. They could go together now but they would probably have a huge fight and never bond again.

cheers for the input guys, i'll send her a link to this thread but i suspected they may need to be neutered before anything else. its gonna be difficult cos theyve just had a new baby boy.

Back