• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny blue wont stop stomping !!!

I've got a beautiful mini lop called blue and he has recently started stomping !! He does this even when he's getting attention. He is very affectionate and loves his stokes and cuddles but this behaviour is new to me.I understand that he is a prey animal and always on the look out for danger but he does this for no reason he could be happy one minute and running around and the next he will sit at the top of the stairs and stomp. He is 10 months old now and already been neutered I just don't like to think he is scared does anybody have any advice ??

Does Blue seem on high alert.

My female bun Roxy is vocal with her stomping so he is maybe trying to tell you something?

For example: Roxy will stomp when I sneeze as she doesn't like the noise. Or if she wants her hay replaced, the stamp is come here then she'll bang the hay box. Very different to when she stomps if she is spooked, as her heart will race and she will hide.

He dosent seem to be too alert as he would be if he was scared he has his own personality and I think you might be right in saying he is trying to tell me something . We moved his cage upstairs yesterday because we have a leak and it was making the wall Behind his cage damp so he may be trying to tell me he wants to be back downstairs with the rest of the family haha

When I moved one of my boys into a different hutch he thumped for a few hours. Fortunately he stopped by nighttime!

Bunnies can thump because they are frightened, angry or just want your attention. It's always best to know what has caused them to thump.

In my experience everybunny is very different. Some bunnies very rarely thump, others delight in it.:thumb:

Back