• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Doris 'on the wonk'

biscuitblossom

Warren Veteran
doris.jpg

dorris.jpg

Here she is ,my lovely Doris with her headtilt.

Shes not really any better ,moving around seems to be more difficult if anything .

Back to the vets on friday morning.

Poor Doris. Mischa's balance got got worse before he got better so don't be too disheartened by a bit of a backwards step.

What a wee star she is. As you know I have rather a soft spot for a head tilt bunny.

Good luck at the vets. I agree with Elena, deffo can be bad for ages, and often seeming worse before any better signs. Took my Kermit weeks, well months really to get back to the resemblance of his former self.

Bless her :love:

Please dont lose heart, I know how distressing it is to see them like that and how it can feel totally hopeless at times but sometimes miracles do happen :D

This was my Mimi when she had her head tilt. Without the towels supporting her she would roll continuously :cry: She was like this for 4 weeks before even starting to regain any balance.

DSCN2090.jpg

112_9622.jpg

About 7 weeks in and getting better :D

112_9698.jpg

And now :love:

P1020214.jpg

She has perhaps a 5 degree residual tilt but you wouldnt notice it if you werent looking for it, and her balance is fine. Shes a little un confident on her feet sometimes which I think is from the tilt but other than that shes a totally normal healthy rabbit :D

I hope that gives you some hope for the beautiful Doris :wave:

Bless her :love:

Please dont lose heart, I know how distressing it is to see them like that and how it can feel totally hopeless at times but sometimes miracles do happen :D

This was my Mimi when she had her head tilt. Without the towels supporting her she would roll continuously :cry: She was like this for 4 weeks before even starting to regain any balance.

DSCN2090.jpg

112_9622.jpg

About 7 weeks in and getting better :D

112_9698.jpg

And now :love:

P1020214.jpg

She has perhaps a 5 degree residual tilt but you wouldnt notice it if you werent looking for it, and her balance is fine. Shes a little un confident on her feet sometimes which I think is from the tilt but other than that shes a totally normal healthy rabbit :D

I hope that gives you some hope for the beautiful Doris :wave:

Oh wow, thanks for those pics, Doris is now rolling onto her back if she tries to move too much and it really did worry me.

My vet would like to see improvement in the next 3 weeks, which will make it 2 months since onset ,so hopefully thats realistic.

Today she has had antibiotics,steroids, ivermectin, metaclopromide and more panacur .

She has gained weight which is pleasing ,only 100 grams but I'm happy about that.

Back to the vet next thursday to see how shes doing and probably have more steroids.

Thanks to Kermit and Elena too for their support :wave:

I have similar pictures of Mischa too over a similar time scale, unfortunately head tilt does seem to be a long, hard slog but Mischa and I grew very close due to it.

Gemma, it's lovely seeing her looking so well :love:

I'm not sure what part of the treatment Doris had this morning has helped but she has been moving about far more this afternoon than I've seen her do in weeks :D

I have similar pictures of Mischa too over a similar time scale, unfortunately head tilt does seem to be a long, hard slog but Mischa and I grew very close due to it.

Gemma, it's lovely seeing her looking so well :love:

Isnt it :D I almost forgot how bad she was until I looked through some photos this morning :cry:

I'm not sure what part of the treatment Doris had this morning has helped but she has been moving about far more this afternoon than I've seen her do in weeks :D

Hiya,
I am unfamiliar with Doris's story sorry :oops: What does your vet think the tilt is down to? Im just wondering if steroids are a good way to go if its possible there is an infection present as they lower the immune system. Its probably those that are making her seem so good though, and Im very glad to hear it :D

Isnt it :D I almost forgot how bad she was until I looked through some photos this morning :cry:

Hiya,
I am unfamiliar with Doris's story sorry :oops: What does your vet think the tilt is down to? Im just wondering if steroids are a good way to go if its possible there is an infection present as they lower the immune system. Its probably those that are making her seem so good though, and Im very glad to hear it :D

The vet is thinking active EC but is covering all bases by giving antibiotics and metaclopromide for her balance too.

I thought the steroids would probably be whats made the difference ,vet thought they were a risk worth taking.

Hoping that Doris continues to make progress.

I've seen bunnies with head tilt due to ec.:cry: Fortunately over time they have all made a full recovery.

Fingers crossed for Doris. xxxxx:love:

Ah bless....thats looks so upsetting.:cry: What causes head tilts if you dont mind me asking? Im a new mum and learning so much from this site.

Sending loads of vibes for little Doris. I hope that she continues to make progress and improve. xx

Sending loads of vibes for little Doris. I hope that she continues to make progress and improve. xx

Theres nothing little about Doris :lol: shes a lovely big lady :D

Thanks for the good wishes everyone , Doris still seems comfortable today but her appetite doesn't seem as good as it was :?

Back