• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can...

courtneydayle

Alpha Buck
bunnies hurt themselves when they binky? Polka went crazy this morning and sorta ran into the wiring around her enclosure. She shook her head a bit, rubbed her nose and then started running around again. She's fine now, it just startled me when it happened. Then Bandana ran into a plastic tote and just stared at it like it had commited a mortal sin for being in her way. Jazz fell off a cinder block that Bandana was sitting on when he tried to take her place... Then they were all laying on top of each other while they groomed each other.

I doubt they could bash into anything hard enough to seriously hurt themselves, but I think they do get a fright sometimes lol. Mine often binky and hit a table leg or something but I don't think it's enough to do serious harm, maybe a bruise at worst.

It's always really sad when it happens though as their couple of seconds of happiness while they binky is spoilt by a bang on they head or a sore leg! It's never bothered either of mine though.

:)

I doubt they could bash into anything hard enough to seriously hurt themselves, but I think they do get a fright sometimes lol. Mine often binky and hit a table leg or something but I don't think it's enough to do serious harm, maybe a bruise at worst.

It's always really sad when it happens though as their couple of seconds of happiness while they binky is spoilt by a bang on they head or a sore leg! It's never bothered either of mine though.

:)

Does it make me a horrible person that I laugh nearly every time it happens? It's so cute, the expression they get on their faces. Lol.

You wicked mummy :lol::lol:

No you're not a bad person! I must admit it is quite funny, not that they bumped into something but the confused look on their faces afterwards :love:

There was a bunny on RU who binkied and passed away after :( Can't remember the reason though. But most of the time, they just tend to bounce all over the place doing it, mostly 'cos they are designed to do it.

Biscuit has binkied before and thrown himself so hard into a door i thought he'd be hurt. He turned around, looked shocked at himself and did it again!

Ginger has thrown herself into a glass windowed door before thinking it wasnt there, just looked dazed and also, then did it again 30 minutes later :roll:

There was a bunny on RU who binkied and passed away after :( Can't remember the reason though. But most of the time, they just tend to bounce all over the place doing it, mostly 'cos they are designed to do it.

Biscuit has binkied before and thrown himself so hard into a door i thought he'd be hurt. He turned around, looked shocked at himself and did it again!

Ginger has thrown herself into a glass windowed door before thinking it wasnt there, just looked dazed and also, then did it again 30 minutes later :roll:

Aww, poor bunny! Maybe he fell off something or ran into something sharp?

How strange, I wondered the same thing earlier after Ludo binkied into the door. He seemed a bit shocked and then carried on as normal. :lol:

Scamp's binkied straight into my shin bones a few times. It doesn't seem to bother him... must have a hard head.

I guess they could hurt themselves just like anyone playing sport or similar but considering the acrobatics they do injuries don't seem very common.

meg ran into her cage door ( open) the other day. It was like a scene out of a cartoon - the door went twang, kept bouncing back and two while she shook her head and looked a bit dazed, then ran off hoping no one had seen. We laughed too :oops::lol:

Back