• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cold bunnies???

ReeceT

Warren Scout
I know this gets asked a lot this time of year but as its going to be the coldest so far over the next few nights, down to -4c. Now our buns have been out in the Wendy house for 3 months or so and the have boxes and a little wooden house. The problem is, even though we put hay in both their box and little house Tinky seems to take offence to this and pulls it all out.

They don't even use the box to sleep in and prefer to sleep under a chair. There is no heating in the shed and I was wondering if you guys think it will be too cold for them at -4c????

Thanks

Mine have never wanted to snuggle into hay, straw, blankets.. Anything:roll: only each other and heat pads!

They're in a shed this year that has no heating but all of my rabbits have been outside in all weathers. As long as they are protected from wind and rain they are very good at keeping themselves warm :) Poppy and Donny were outside in thin hutches in minus temperatures with just a hutch cover!

What I have done now (even though they sit on top of it all the time..) is get a small indoor cage and use that as their litter tray. I have covered it with a blanket and they still haven't realised it's a cosy place.. Muahahahahah!!

As well as keeping themselves warm you will find bunnies grow a winter coat which is quite thick :) just as long as they arent getting wet and are protected against the rain they will keep each other warm :) mine have always been outside :)

Back