• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

I need help with Bears mucky feet!

HoneyBear

Mama Doe
Posted a little while ago about wet feet!
Bear seems to like to sit in the wettest part of the litter tray and his feet are a mess! I'm changing their litter tray twice a day at least but I'm sure it's where he chooses to sit that's the issue as Alice's feet are still as white as snow!!

Anyway, I checked Bears feet this morning and when the wetness dries it sort of mats together and then he's by the looks of things tried to pull the mat out and it's irritated the skin underneath!
Just wondering what I should do really, there is no way I will go near him with scissors to try and cut the mat out, was thinking maybe I could try and bathe his feet to get rid of it but the thought of getting him wet terrifies me and I don't really want to if I don't have to!

In the mean time I'm looking for something more absorbent to try in the bottom of their tray, we used to use carefresh but was costing a small fortune a I change the tray so frequently!!

I'm not at all bothered by the fact he actually has mucky feet (although a little inconvenient when he jumps on the sofa) I just don't want it to become sore if he keeps irritating it.

Megazorb is cheaper and you can buy a huge bag :D

Could you give them a wipe with pet wipes? We use them when we have to clean Poppy's bum :)

I was thinking the wet wipes and was going to get some today actually! Not sure if it will help now as its really caked on and gone really hard, but for future then I can hopefully get a lot off before it drys on!

And where do you get Megazorb from, I keep considering it but want to see what it's like before buying it which I can't do if I have to get it online.

I was thinking the wet wipes and was going to get some today actually! Not sure if it will help now as its really caked on and gone really hard, but for future then I can hopefully get a lot off before it drys on!

And where do you get Megazorb from, I keep considering it but want to see what it's like before buying it which I can't do if I have to get it online.

Silly Bear!

I bought mine online and with delivery it cost £14, that's a 80L bag I think? Maybe a bit more.. You can buy them from horsey shops waaaaay cheaper though but ours only sell auboise so no use to me:lol: I use it for the hamster :)

Megazorb is fab and might well help...do you use any absorbant stuff in the bottom of the tray under the hay? I buy megazorb from a local animal stockist place (very handy as is 5 mins away from my house) for £6 somehting a bag!

Megazorb is fantastic - do you have any horse feed suppliers near you? I get mine from a local horse feed place for £8 a bag, it lasts ages and doesn't leave wet patches in the trays

I use hay and newspaper at the moment, was using carefresh but at £20 a bag it was breaking the bank a bit!
I'm going to try find somewhere locally that does Megazorb as it seems to be quite popular!
Still not sure what to do about the state he has got his feet into now though!!

Back