• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Available Individual: Two bunnies looking for homes - Bolton, Greater Manchester

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Posted on behalf of Bailey:)

I am sending you this after reading the post here: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...post-Rabbits-needing-rehoming-READ-THIS-FIRST

I have 2 rabbits, bonded that need to be re-homed together. Under no circumstance will I let them go separately.

Physical Description

Bailey is a male mini lop, brown harlequin in colour. He is larger than my female whose parentage is mini lop so I assume he is a bit of a cross. I bought him from Pets at Home in Middlebrook, Horwich. I have had him since July 2011.

Lola is a female mini lop, blue otter in colouring (blue mainly, white on ears, belly and around eyes). I bought her from a woman whose rabbits had a litter of 4. I have had her since October 2011.

Temperament

Both of my rabbits have amazing temperaments. Bailey is very friendly, he will jump up onto your lap when you have food. He is very food orientated which works very well when distracting him at the vets etc. Lola is a bit more reserved than Bailey, she will not jump into your lap when you are off the ground. However, when sitting down on the ground she may jump onto you.

Both rabbits like company, and will run up to the run door as soon as the back door opens. They both enjoy high places, their favorite spot being on top of my storage box.

My rabbits have never purposely bitten me or anyone else. Lola has nipped me twice by accident, I was feeding her by hand. I have had 3 incidents of a neighbours rabbit getting loose into my garden which scares Lola however she has never shown any aggression when this happens to either rabbit or myself.

They are not affectionate rabbits in the sense that they will not groom you unless they are feeling very generous that day but the will follow you around.

They were both young enough to leave their mothers when I bought them, Bailey is approx 1 year 4 months. Lola is approx 1 year 1 month.

Sex & Neuter Status

Bailey: male, neutered

Lola: female, neutered

Vaccination Status

Bailey is vaccinated for the entire year since 8th September. The new combo vaccination.

Lola's vaccinations run out in a couple of weeks, however I fully intend to vaccinate her with the new combo vaccination as well. - Please note that even if a home is found very quickly for them, I am more than happy to pay for this!

Health

No issues at all with their health. Lola scratched her ears too much when she was very young (Nov 2011) which led to a bit of hair loss behind the ears but was all sorted quickly and no other issues whatsoever.

Type of home wanted

I am just looking for a home in which they will be loved and cared for by people who know about caring for rabbits. I have given them the best possible home I could and I am very sad that I need to re-home them.

I have listed the reasons why I need to below but wanted to point out that I am posting so early about re-homing them now so that I can find a good home for them. They are lovely rabbits and deserve to find a good home after having a nice one with me.

I have ALOT of rabbit stuff that the new home can have. I obviously don't want any money, just a loving home for them. I will post pictures of everything asap. But a short list is here:

12ft x 6ft x6ft chicken run. Has a self made roof. If needed to be removed, have spare felt but it has been in the rain quite a bit.

1 hutch - I think this is 6ft x 3ft. Not 100% sure, will post pics. 2 tier.

1 x Large kids tent

1 x Plastic Litter Box

1 x outside haybin

1 x storage box

1 x 3 way tunnel

2 x prince cat play pen (from zooplus I think)

1 x hay cart from zooplus

1 x XL hay hideaway from zooplus (if the rain hasn't ruined it by then)

Lots of different treats

Whatever Timothy and Rye hay I have left at the time

2 or 3 ceramic bowls

2 water bottles, water bottle cover

Other bits and bats like carrot holder (think i still have that), bits of straw and other hay, brushes etc.

I live in Bolton, Greater Manchester. I do not drive so I would not be able to drop them off anywhere.

Reason for re-homing

I have a main reason for re-homing which splits into the other reasons. Basically, I am moving across the country early next year and my original intention was to take them with me somehow. However, this is not possible for a few reasons. The main one being money issues.

I would keep them if there was a way that the money would work out however I would not be able to afford the upkeep anymore. At the minute, I live with my mum and sisters, so I never really had to pay for much in the way of bills etc which is why I have been able to afford them so easily so far.

I will be very sad to see them go but it is what is necessary.

I would be grateful if you could post this for me.

Will send pictures soon

Thank you

Last edited:
Very beautiful buns. Such a shame you need to rehome as you clearly love them very much. I hope someone can offer a good home x

Hi Bailey

Can you tell me if the rabbits have been found a new home yet or if you are still looking to re-home them?
I live in Lostock and am looking for 2 rabbits for my daughter.
Please let me know.

Thank you

Phil

Quick update to say that these two are still avaliable.

Anyone interested is more than welcome to come and see them.

Thanks

I'm afraid I can't rehome them but I live nr the Trafford centre so not far from you, so I would be happy to help transport them if you found a home that suits. Best of luck x

Back