• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why does he do this?

Ch3rrie

New Kit
Hi everyone,

We have had Loki for 6 days now. He is around 2 years old, not neutered.
The last few days he's been jumping really high! It's like he's been so startled he's jumped. Sometimes I notice he twitches his head before doing it and his back legs flap a bit.
What is this? Is it normal?!

Also, he would run if he was afraid right? He is not scared of our cats at all and the cats are starting to accept him but he follows them around like he's a cat and the next thing I know they are in the dining room together. I am just worried that if they try and scratch him or something he won't run away!

Oh and, he's eating wallpaper... Any way I can stop this?:shock:

I have a Loki too!!!!:p:p:p

What you are describing sounds like a Binky, don't worry about it he is literally jumping for joy! I have never had cats and buns together so I can't comment there but as for eating wallpaper :roll: I had a bun that did this, and we never worked out how to stop him!!!

Edit, random YouTube vid of a Binky :love: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EpySOeJg-K4

Last edited:
oooh that is what he does! How heart warming to know he is happy here already :) and such a cute vid!

Very cool name ;) I wanted Thor but my partner didn't. As soon as he said Loki I didn't give him chance to change his mind. It suits him so well :)

I am glad we have never properly wallpapered the house then :lol:

Good luck with Loki... Its so nice to see them binkying.....!!,

Sorry to hear about the wallpaper... my dog took off a while strip once.... He loved the paste!!,!

Fee xxx

I put these wicker mats you get for sunbathing in the pound shop, round the bottom of the walls for toby to chew when I used to let him in the house. He loves eating wall paper and paint and plaster etc :roll: as well as wires and the soles on my shoes. he chewed them instead and I replaced them every so often when he chewed a hole. It didn't look to bad. You could also glue/screw clear perspex to the wall at the bottom to protect it.

oooh that is what he does! How heart warming to know he is happy here already :) and such a cute vid!

Very cool name ;) I wanted Thor but my partner didn't. As soon as he said Loki I didn't give him chance to change his mind. It suits him so well :)

I am glad we have never properly wallpapered the house then :lol:

Ah, well we have both a Loki and a Thor :thumb::love: and guess what... They fought:roll:
They will hopefully be rebonded in about 3 weeks, and if that fails we will be getting a female bun (who will be called the Lady Sif!) for Thorkins. Loki gets about 18 hours of human contact time a day so he won't be getting a wifey for him just yet, though obviously the rebond is what we want to happen, they were so close as babies :love:

6E08D956-6DC0-4E7C-B20D-DF41BEF43F5E-785-0000029F74D5AEE2.jpg

Loki is the lighter coloured one, have you posted piccies of your Loki? I am sure I would remember that name! We would love to 'meet' him!

All my buns love newspaper, especially after they have moistened it by tipping their water bowl over it :roll:

he is tiny and gorgeous! he likes being with you, that's why he's a binky bunny. mine are too old and lazy - and probably don't like me much :(. :lol: nah, i caught charlie rabbit binkying the other day...

We thought he was quite young because he is so small :lol: It's really lovely to know he's been here only a week and is so happy already. He happily lets me pick him up if I need to now too :love:

The cats have accepted him already too. He follows the cats around like he is one of them, it's so cute. My cat Max jumps with him :lol::lol: and when they are sleeping he goes up to them and sniffs them.

Back