• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New arrival at work!

Loosy

Warren Veteran
And it is adorable :love::love::love: I'm so in love.
If you can guess the animal I'll post a picture or two ;) (I work at a zoo)

Is it a baby of what's already resident, or brand new to the zoo?

It's a baby, born on Sunday!

It's quite a bit bigger than a wombat or a skunk, though one of those would be adorable too!

ETA: Not a meerkat either. We have a bachelor group of meerkats so that would be quite a surprise!

A giraffe?

Yes! :love::love::love:

DSC_0314.jpg

DSC_0315.jpg

This one's not a great photo cause the bars got in the way, but you can see the height difference with the adult giraffes! (also how far he had to fall :shock: )
DSC_0309.jpg

We do have a baby hippo as well, born just over a month ago. I have a couple of pics of her as well which I will unearth!

:love: awww wow!!

how cute is that!

did you see it born? I bet it was hilarious watching it find its feet!! :lol: :lol:

boy or girl?

Oh yes please. The giraffe is lovely but I do love the hippos. What a lovely job you have.

:love: awww wow!!

how cute is that!

did you see it born? I bet it was hilarious watching it find its feet!! :lol: :lol:

boy or girl?

I didn't see it being born unfortunately (that would have been amazing!). It's standing and walking really well, but still has a few wobbles. I was watching it trying to stand up from sitting yesterday and it had a bit of a leg-flailing moment and fell down again. It just lay there for a few moments like "I meant to do that, honest!" before trying again. :lol::lol: Think it's probably a boy but no one's got too close yet.

Hippo! They're pygmy hippos. This is from when she was about a month old, I don't have any newborn pics I'm afraid.
DSC_0285.jpg

DSC_0287.jpg

Whipsnade, in Bedfordshire!

That's my favourite zoo, mainly because it has hippos. He/she is so cute. I'd love to have a pet hippo especially the small kind. Think it may frighten Doughnut though and would need a bit bigger house!!

Thanks for the photos.

Back