• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Mom - 9/12/1981

MimzMum

Wise Old Thumper
Maman ...
I can never forget the significance of this day. But as I drove to my checkup this afternoon I got an extra burst of tears as I thought about the memories.
I miss you so much. So many things in my life I never got to share with you. So much in just this year that has torn me down that I wish I could bring to you.
I know you would've had some good advice or just a hug waiting for me to make me feel better.
I've held my own against my cancer but you lost your battle with yours at 10:10 PM on September 12, 1981. It was a week from my 18th birthday. You never got to see me graduate or go on to college.
Sorry I never became the doctor you wanted me to be. At least I didn't become the musician you feared I would either...lol.
I wish you were here today. But I hope where you are that you're not afraid anymore.

Miss you and love you Mama. :cry:

:cry::cry::cry: aww I'm so sorry you lost your mum. Your post made me well up as there is clearly so much love there. There will always be that love, Your Mum will always be in your heart.

Thinking of you (((hugs))) Xxx

Sorry your mum passed away...its nice that you think of her even all these years later in your day to day life...i'm sure she is looking down on you and is very proud! sending hugs x

Maman ...
I can never forget the significance of this day. But as I drove to my checkup this afternoon I got an extra burst of tears as I thought about the memories.
I miss you so much. So many things in my life I never got to share with you. So much in just this year that has torn me down that I wish I could bring to you.
I know you would've had some good advice or just a hug waiting for me to make me feel better.
I've held my own against my cancer but you lost your battle with yours at 10:10 PM on September 12, 1981. It was a week from my 18th birthday. You never got to see me graduate or go on to college.
Sorry I never became the doctor you wanted me to be. At least I didn't become the musician you feared I would either...lol.
I wish you were here today. But I hope where you are that you're not afraid anymore.

Miss you and love you Mama. :cry:

Your thread has me in tears. It sounds all too familiar as my date is nearing. 27 September (1989). It never gets easier. Sending you so many hugs

This has made me cry :cry:

I'm so sorry about your Mum, I lost my Mum 5 years ago and her Birthday is the 4th October and I am dreading it as I miss her so much.

Thinking of you and sending hugs xxxxxxxx

((((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))))))

You can shed tears that she is gone
or you can smile because she has lived.

You can close your eyes and pray that she’ll come back
or you can open your eyes and see all she’s left.

Your heart can be empty because you can’t see her
or you can be full of the love you shared.

You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday
or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.

You can remember her and only that she’s gone
or you can cherish her memory and let it live on.

You can cry and close your mind,
be empty and turn your back
or you can do what she’d want:
smile, open your eyes, love and go on.

David Harkins, © 1981
Silloth, Cumbria, UK

Back