• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

micro chip cat flap

les&bev

Warren Scout
has anyone used a microchip cat flap with a rabbit before ?

just been to the vets and seen one for the first time.

just wondered how they worked.

les

You mean using a chip under the skin? I would be surprised if they worked as sometimes it's hard to scan the chip unless you know where it is. Normal ones just use a chip inside a collar, which of course wouldn't be suitable for rabbits.

Hi

I've just bought one and it's fab. You set the flap in 'memory' mode and encourage the cat to put it's head towards the flap. It registers the microchip in the back of the cats neck and then unlocks the flap (inwards only)

It can register up to 32 different cats microchips

The flap makes a slight click when unlocking so can unnerve a cat to start with.

I bought the Sureflap one as it has excellent reviews and we wanted a battery operated one. The Petporte one works from the mains I believe.

We paid £69.99 for ours direct from the supplier. Very pleased with it :thumb:

ETA - oh, just saw you wanted it for a rabbit. Can't see that it would make any difference though to be honest but why would you want one for a rabbit ? I don't see the benefit ?

Back