• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moving Heidi

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
As Heidi hasn't bonded with my pair, I'm wondering whether to move her into Summer and Skye's old hutch? I am well aware that neither option is ideal but having just spent in excess of £400 on my new set up, I can't immediately go out and buy Heidi a new set up but I really would like to keep her and find her a partner. I'm just wondering if keep moving her will be stressful? She 1st lived indoors with me, then moved outdoors into the temp hutch so if I move her now to the double hutch until I get a new one, that will be 4 moves during her time with me! I don't want to start a debate on hutch sizes etc I just want to know if moving her will cause her stress?? Thank u :wave: Also although the double hutch will give her more space, it's pretty shabby! So what's best?!

She may get a little bit stressed but if the double hutch is bigger than the temp. hutch then I would move her. :D

I'm sure she'd settle in quickly:D

She may get a little bit stressed but if the double hutch is bigger than the temp. hutch then I would move her. :D

I'm sure she'd settle in quickly:D

Thanks I'm sure she would I just don't want to cause her any more stress than necessary, after the bonding attempts I'm feeling a little guilty and protective over her now so I don't want to upset her even more! Iv been thinking of ways I can maybe improve the hutch a bit for her so it will be a bit nicer. Should hopefully be able to afford a new hutch and run for her before winter sets in and hopefully a snuggle buddy that she actually likes! :?

She's very lucky to have such a caring bunny mummy:D

A new hutch and husbun before the winter, very nice:D

Hopefully they will fall in love easily:D:love::love:

Whatever you want to do :D Reeeally disinfect it though, I remember putting Lola in Donny's old hutch and I hadn't done it properly :lol: she chewed the corner for ages until I washed the other rabbit smell off :roll::lol:

Whatever you want to do :D Reeeally disinfect it though, I remember putting Lola in Donny's old hutch and I hadn't done it properly :lol: she chewed the corner for ages until I washed the other rabbit smell off :roll::lol:

I'll do my best but the hutch isnt in the best state of repair! I don't think she'll be too bothered tbh, iv been swapping toys and litter between them all wk and she's not been bothered. Iv got some spare litter trays that I can put in (S&S never had litter trays, this was before I learnt if their value!) as the floors have peeled away. Hopefully I can make it liveable just a bit longer :wave: Good thing is it will be easier to let her out to free range in the garden too. Eek 1st time she does that will be an event! :shock:

If you are planning on getting a new hutch and husbun soonish why not leave her for now. Too many moves are not always good. Also if she free ranges, will she become territorial over the garden when you try bonding her? I am not sure about this but it's worth thinking about.

If you are planning on getting a new hutch and husbun soonish why not leave her for now. Too many moves are not always good. Also if she free ranges, will she become territorial over the garden when you try bonding her? I am not sure about this but it's worth thinking about.

Funnily enough I decided not to move her! I started to clean out the old hutch and it is so shabby, it is literally rotting and falling apart. I planned to put litter trays in etc to make it nicer but they seemed to take over the space so it seemed pointless! She seems happy where she is, it's not huge but she has plenty of room to stretch out and move about and can go in run as often as poss. I'm thinking of getting a run that can just go on the patio for now until I can afford the new hutch and run, so she can get out during the day when I'm not there.

Back