• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Destructo bunny

dutchbunny

Mama Doe
My Watson has taken to ripping and eating! our carpet tiles. They have their own play area which is carpetted. If it was me there would be tiles there but as we are renting, we are not allowed to change this. I cannot replace the carpet temporarily with laminate either so to save the carpet (and our deposit) we put down carpet tiles. watson has ripped most of them to pieces and have eaten almost half of one! Yes the entire part of that half tile. I spoke to the vet about it and she said to make sure she keeps passing it as of course its not good for her.

I have tried so much to make her stop and am at my wits end as I don't want to have to keep her in the case 24/7.

I completely empathise!!!! Iggy bunny is a 'carpet plucker'. Doesnt dig it just pulls up the fibers!!!! Most irritating and costly to us as renters! I have had no luck but i know my friends mother who used to breed rabbits swore by chew deterrent for dogs and I have heard that lemon juice can work with bunnies too.

The only thing I ever found that worked was covering the areas he plucks so he cant get to it.

Hope you find a solution :)

That's the problem! She plucks EVERYWHERE. Where ever her little eyes see some carpet, she transforms into destructo bunny.
I can't wait till we can buy a place so I can bunny proof the floor as well. silly girl.

My Finx was like this when she was a house bunny. Does she free range or have a pen? You can get really cheap offcuts of lino from carpet shops, could you get one and put it over the carpet, rather than temporarily replacing it properly? I put an offcut of a less tasty (for some reason) carpet under Finx's pen and then used pieces of lino around the room in chewy places - generally anywhere that was next to a piece of furtiniture :roll:

Back