• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

litter basin lapse!

susie bun

Wise Old Thumper
Spenser has always been very good about using his basin, but recently has taken to doing a wee and several poos on the towel in his crate next to it. It's not a huge problem, as long as he restricts his bodily functions to the crate, but I do wonder why he might be doing this. It started when I was unwittingly feeding him dodgy pellets a couple of weeks ago, but stopped as soon as I realised and binned the offending pellets. Now it has started again. :?

Ginger will almost always wee on any fleecey near a litter tray and if she's really unwell, will wee on ANY fleece anywhere rather than expell energy trying to jump into a litter tray.

Also, could be a sign of a Urinary Tract Infection, or, he just can't be bothered :thumb:

Maybe worth a trip to Mr Vet just to get a check up :)

Spenser has rediscovered his basin this morning. I think he did ALL his overnight business on the towel next to it last night. Maybe he is just in a mood with me because I took him to the vet to have his nails done yesterday. There was rather a lot of thumping going on overnight too. He does seem well, and is eating and drinking normally. Are there any other signs of UTI I should look out for?

he's a rabbit. they do that. trust me. i have four rabbits, each of whom understands the purpose of a litter tray, and is perfectly fit and capable of using it, but who have all chosen this week to place token wees and poos in the trays to fool me, and have 'gone' on the floor behind the tray, causing much mess and occasioning two full clean outs where there would only usually be one.

i know they are clever. i know they are in charge. but i wish they'd stop trying to prove it!

he's a rabbit. they do that. trust me. i have four rabbits, each of whom understands the purpose of a litter tray, and is perfectly fit and capable of using it, but who have all chosen this week to place token wees and poos in the trays to fool me, and have 'gone' on the floor behind the tray, causing much mess and occasioning two full clean outs where there would only usually be one.

i know they are clever. i know they are in charge. but i wish they'd stop trying to prove it!

:lol::lol::lol:

Thought so, it's just he's usually so good - and was even before he was neutered.

Poppy pees in her litter tray but she pees wherever she wants :roll: serves me right for leaving training until she was 4! :lol: it's mainly on carpet squares and really fleecey blankets!

Back