• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Back to dilemmas :/

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
Right I have finally laid the turf ready for the new run and iv been thinking about where to position the hutch and suddenly had a sinking feeling... :roll: originally when I decided to put the run in the corner and the hutch on the other side it was because I was trying to fit the guinea pigs set up in aswell but since I moved the rabbits hutch to the other side of the garden temporarily, I decided to put guinea pig there instead when it's all done. Soooooo.... Having done all the hard work getting the ground ready for the run, I was struggling to picture the hutch looking 'right' and it suddenly dawned on me that the hutch would have been much better in the corner where it was originally and run at side :roll: So now I'm thinking best option may be to get the hutch built on top of the run?? Should think this will be ok as not getting them til end August so should be ok to change my order :? But need to make decision now and not make another silly mistake. It actually might work out best as I would have room for the seperate digging area I planned, which I was also struggling to c how I would fit it in, and maybe even another run when iv saved up a bit more!!
Does anybody have a 6x3ft hutch on top of a 8x6ft run and does it work out ok? I really didn't want a ramp tho and bit bothered about how they'd take to the runaround pipe at an angle but maybe only option. Any thoughts???

Cameo has a runaround pipe set into the floor of her hutch, so it goes straight down for a lil bit then curves round so she pops out level.
Hovis also manages as he stayed in this hutch before he went to his new home and he wasn't the slimmest of buns;)

Cameo has a runaround pipe set into the floor of her hutch, so it goes straight down for a lil bit then curves round so she pops out level.
Hovis also manages as he stayed in this hutch before he went to his new home and he wasn't the slimmest of buns;)

Hmmm thought about this but not sure... Think I'd prefer it coming from the side. How big is ur hutch and run? Can't imagine a 6x3ft hutch on top of a run!

Cameo's hutch is a 5 footer on a 6 foot run. I opted for a runaround pipe as this takes the smallest space away from the floor of the hutch, that and I don't like ramps;)

Cameo's hutch is a 5 footer on a 6 foot run. I opted for a runaround pipe as this takes the smallest space away from the floor of the hutch, that and I don't like ramps;)

Me neither! Suppose they would get used to runaround. Now I'm just worried about it being difficult to get to the hutch for cleaning :roll:

Back