• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit doesn't want me now he's bonded!!

egg

Warren Scout
There's probably not much I can do about this but I just wanted to see if anyone else has been through the same thing.

I got a rescue rabbit about 2 months ago to bond with my other rabbit. While he was living in a separate cage before they were bonded he would come up to me, climb on my knee for cuddles, run up and put his head down for a head/shoulder massage and generally liked getting attention. He was easy to handle, never struggled when being picked up and liked cuddles.

Since he's bonded and living with my other rabbit he doesn't do this anymore :( I can usually stroke him while he's in his cage but he never asks for it anymore or comes over to see me, other than to see if I've got a treat. If I don't have a treat he walks away. He's not interested in me anymore and refuses to be picked up or handled.

I want my old bunny back :cry: :lol:

Bumble did not need me anymore when I got Bee for her however she does still sometimes want me. She still likes a stroke albeit not as often as before but I know that she needs Bee and Bee makes her happy because I can't there all the time

Ruthie xxx

He's obviously very very happy with his new friend :thumb:
I know it's not easy but just try to remember you've done the right thing by him and improved his life.

He's obviously very very happy with his new friend :thumb:
I know it's not easy but just try to remember you've done the right thing by him and improved his life.

I look at Bumble and Bee and know I've made both of them happy by putting them together

Ruthie xxx

I brought my little smudge indoors when her husbun Dudley passed away in march but she's now back outside with her new husbun and is a happy bunny again :love::love:

Yes my beloved first bun Tilly (now my angel at the bridge :( ) did the same. We had an incredibly close bond, she would follow me everywhere and sleep next to me on my bed :love: Thats actually the reason I got her husbun Timmy for her, I worried so much about her when I wasnt around.
After she was bonded to Timmy she still wanted me, but nowhere near as much. It was sad for me in a way but I knew that she was just so happy with her Timmy :love:
6 months later we lost her :cry:

Thank you for your replies. What Bumblicious and BattleKat said is spot on, and I am really happy for both my bunnies now they have each other. I miss the cuddles and strokes with Charlie but he's understandably much happier getting affection from another rabbit.

Ooooohh I sounded like a spoilt brat in my first post lol :lol::oops: I kind of knew this was the case, I just fancied a moan :lol: and it's always nice to hear how others deal with things xxx

Yes my beloved first bun Tilly (now my angel at the bridge :( ) did the same. We had an incredibly close bond, she would follow me everywhere and sleep next to me on my bed :love: Thats actually the reason I got her husbun Timmy for her, I worried so much about her when I wasnt around.
After she was bonded to Timmy she still wanted me, but nowhere near as much. It was sad for me in a way but I knew that she was just so happy with her Timmy :love:
6 months later we lost her :cry:

I'm so sorry to hear you lost your lovely Tilly. It must've been terribly difficult when you had such a close bond :( xx

Back