• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

2 males not sure what yo do?

jay3ttp

New Kit
Last year we had 2 fab male rabbits who we had intended on neutering and bonding, they were both very friendly and they were in ajoining cages and seemed to get on good. Unfortunately my partner lost his job, we lost our home and had to move into a tiny house with no garden. We had no choice but to rehome the rabbits which was awful and my kids really were gutted. Luckily (or so we thought) a lady we knew through a friend offered to take the rabbits as she had quite a few already, she also said that we could have them back when we could. We have now moved 260 miles away as my partner found work and have heard some things i don't like. My neice has been visiting them reguarly so that she can report back to my kids how they are, really to help them as they were devestated. Over the last couple of months my neice has told me that the rabbits have been removed from the 6ft hutches and runs they were in and put in a 3ft cage together. Last week she told me that another rabbit (a female) has been put in with them and everytime she goes round there they have blood on them. My niece is only 11years and goes up to visit as the lady is well known by the local kids. I know she is telling the truth as she is so upset when she tells me. I feel so angry and sad as I thought I had left my rabbit with a responsible person not someone who doesnt seem to care! My own daughter is begging me to go and get them but i dont know if they could travel 260 miles and if I can even afford the trip. I have rung the RSPCA who dont seem interested and I just dont know what to do?
The lady is based in Northamtonshire, is anyone near there who could possibly help me?

Jay3ttp x

Hi sorry to sound thick but i am not sure what that means, any help would be gratefully recieved though xx

Hi sorry to sound thick but i am not sure what that means, any help would be gratefully recieved though xx

Like a bunny taxi service :) someone might be able to collect them and a few people could maybe help to get them to you :wave:

oh wow that would be so fantastic. All I can think about it how they are, they have gone from being in a large hutch each with large run, being cooed over virtually all day by my kids (I have 6), my dogs constantly running round them which they actually seemed to enjoy as I used to see them waiting for the dogs in the morning, to being stuck in a tiny hutch that is to high for my neice to see in without standing on a box! I feel like i have really let them down and my 13year old daughter who is animal crazy. It would make all of us but especially her happy to have them back, i just thought it was something that we had no chance of!

I have to admit to being a little annoyed that the RSPCA didnt really seem bothered, i thought they would atleast check it out.

Thanks for your suggestion, i will be back on later when the children in bed and hopefully I can sort something out, thank you again xx

Back