• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Update on Bramble

clarebear

Mama Doe
Okay...took Bramble over to the Vets at Cambridge on Wednesday evening. Thursday he had an x-ray and scan with sedation...they managed to do it without a GA. The x-ray showed no tumors, no fluid and no mass around the lungs. The heart scan showed everything was healthy. There do however show on the xray a slightly greyness to the lungs, this could be due to inflamed cells. Ideally they would like to take a biopsy from Bramble's lungs, however this is highly risky. The vet is getting some advice from spealists in Bristol and Edingburgh. We collected him last night and he is still doing really well. Eating, pooping and peeing like crazy and desperate to come out for a hop around. He is now on Metacam, which hopefully might give some improvement. So we are now just waiting to hear from the vets next week to see what she thinks about a bi-opsy. Lovely to have him back home. ♥

Sending loads of vibes for Bramble.Was lovely to meet you all last night. I hope Bramble continues to do well xx

Thank you Susie and Bink xx

Bramble has been taking his Metacam well mashed up with Banana. No improvement yet, but it's only been a few days since we started it.

The vet mentioned that the cells in his lungs may be inflammed because of an alergic reaction....could this be caused by sawdust? Need to clarify with her exactly what she meant, but I think I am going to buy some Megazorb today and stop using sawdust again. Could anything else cause an alregic reaction?

Also are there any side effect with Metacam?

Sorry to hear about your buny. I bought some megazorb and found it dusty. I think a lot of folk on here use Carefresh. It sounds very good. I use newspaper and hay myself.

Poop have already been and brought a huge bag of megazorb!! Oh well....myabe I'll get Carefresh next time!

Thank you. I'm seeing no real improvement in Bramble's breathing, but maybe I am expecting too much too soon...:roll:

Back