• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

6x3x2ft hutch.....

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
.....and what to do with it?! Iv spent so much time thinking about the layout of the whole set up and the run but realised I have no idea what I'm going to do with the hutch!! There seems to be a few people asking for new hutch ideas at the mo so sorry to add another. Iv looked at the sticky threads but still a bit stuck. Iv always had my hutch lined with newspaper, wood chips, straw and hay, stuffing the 'bed' which has become litter tray, quite commonly iv discovered! So i feel a bit clueless when it comes to the alternative methods people use. I'm thinking in the new hutch of putting Lino down and using a litter tray within the bed but then where will their bed be? I wanted to put another hideaway type thing in the main area, initially thinking when the 3 rabbits have hopefully bonded there will be options to get away from eachother if they want to. But I'm wondering whether to put a shelf or a long wooden box type den with openings about a foot deep along the back so they can jump on top or go underneath/inside. But will the space in the hutch be big enough? Or do u think it will cut into the space too much? Also if I bought a pre-made den thing, they all seem to only be 7" tall. Is this tall enough for the bunnies to go in? Ie will they?! Don't want to waste my money! Or am I best just putting a shelf up at a foot high to jump on or sleep under, maybe construct my own box. But then is a foot too much?! The hutch will only be 2ft high so will they be able to comfortably jump on top and sit on top with only a foot of space? I quite liked this but its hard to imagine the size of it, does anyone have one?
306dbbc1.jpg

I'm sorry for all the questions, any ideas, photos and things would be appreciated!! The rabbits are all medium sized by the way... Please advise! Thank you :wave:

I bought one like this... it was much smaller than I thought, Tango is a big bun and wouldn't fit comfortably with Finx plus bedding. I ended up asking aliduncan1 to build them a new bedroom. Not sure if she is still making them, but mine is PERFECT, couldn't have asked for anything better :D

I left the small corner one in as well for somewhere to sit - they have now destroyed it but aliduncan1's box is still standing strong :wave:

I bought one like this... it was much smaller than I thought, Tango is a big bun and wouldn't fit comfortably with Finx plus bedding. I ended up asking aliduncan1 to build them a new bedroom. Not sure if she is still making them, but mine is PERFECT, couldn't have asked for anything better :D

I left the small corner one in as well for somewhere to sit - they have now destroyed it but aliduncan1's box is still standing strong :wave:

Hmm had a feeling it would be quite small, thanks for the quick replies :wave:

Back