• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

smallish playhouses

thehairymonsters

Warren Scout
any good ones. i looked on b@q at the kitty one but the reviews are not good at all and is said to be a bt flimsy! does anyone have any good ones. does not have to be play house. but need to be 5 foot by 5 foot or less or a bit more :S

any good ones. i looked on b@q at the kitty one but the reviews are not good at all and is said to be a bt flimsy! does anyone have any good ones. does not have to be play house. but need to be 5 foot by 5 foot or less or a bit more :S

I have just bought the Kitty playhouse from B&Q. It's made by a company called Shire. We already had a slightly bigger playhouse which is on a platform for the children which is really good quality so thats why we went for the Kitty playhouse for the rabbits. One thing I would say about the Kitty is that it has an opening window, most of them don't, they just have a panel of perspex which fully fills the window aperture. With the opening window you can mesh it on the inside but you still have the option of closing it or virtually closing it during the really cold weather. With most of the others you would have to mesh the window over and then find another way of covering over the window for the winter, so I thought that was quite an advantage. Its a pretty style too.

I can see that people have been putting on negative reviews for the Kitty playhouse on the B&Q website but its far from flimsy once built, and believe me I have been researching playhouses for about six months prior to making a purchase. Obviously we had already built a playhouse of a similar style so it was pretty easy really for us. The only negative on our experience with this playhouse is that the hinges were missing for attaching the door, B&Q got on to this and within 2 days they were with us. So :thumb: for Kitty playhouse and B&Q from us.

Hope this helps.

I have just bought the Kitty playhouse from B&Q. It's made by a company called Shire. We already had a slightly bigger playhouse which is on a platform for the children which is really good quality so thats why we went for the Kitty playhouse for the rabbits. One thing I would say about the Kitty is that it has an opening window, most of them don't, they just have a panel of perspex which fully fills the window aperture. With the opening window you can mesh it on the inside but you still have the option of closing it or virtually closing it during the really cold weather. With most of the others you would have to mesh the window over and then find another way of covering over the window for the winter, so I thought that was quite an advantage. Its a pretty style too.

I can see that people have been putting on negative reviews for the Kitty playhouse on the B&Q website but its far from flimsy once built, and believe me I have been researching playhouses for about six months prior to making a purchase. Obviously we had already built a playhouse of a similar style so it was pretty easy really for us. The only negative on our experience with this playhouse is that the hinges were missing for attaching the door, B&Q got on to this and within 2 days they were with us. So :thumb: for Kitty playhouse and B&Q from us.

Hope this helps.

Forgot to say, its tongue and groove aswell which is much longer lasting than the overlap ones.

Back