• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My buck is such a wimp!!!!

Rdgib85

Young Bun
He's scared of his own shadow!!!

Everything frightens him. Even his hutch mate!!

I'm getting worried about him giving himself a heart attack.

Today my brother brought me home a huge plastic pipe from work for them. Stella was happy to run up and down it, but when she did he started thumping his feet every time she got close to it or went inside.

They did have a very narrow escape from a cat 2 weeks ago which left him very shaken. But he's always been jumpy.

Can I help him overcome this or is this just him? He hates being held or picked up and since he leapt from my arms and cut his nose open I have never picked him up again.

Even today he was thumping in his hutch and I don't know if it was to be let out or because he's just on overdrive ATM.

Any experience/advice.

Not sure what to advise but I'd be worried there was something wrong with his sight or hearing, as that can often make them seem jumpy and nervous. It could be hormone related as well though, how old is he and is he neutered?

I'd ask the vet for sight and hearing tests. How does he get along with his hutchmate? Are they both neutered?

Hadn't thought about sight and hearing.

He is neutered but his hutch mate isn't spayed yet as she's only just reached 6 months and has been unwell with snuffles. As far as I can tell they get on great. They're always snuggled up grooming each other. I haven't seem any thing to be concerned about.

How would you be able to tell of he had sight problems? His eyes all look fine. I'm pretty sure it's not his hearing as he seems to react to the slightest noise. I've not seen him have any sight issues like bumping into things etc. He runs very well around the garden like a loon.

Thanks for the suggestions - I wouldn't have thought about sight/hearing otherwise. Will see how he behaves later and see if I can work out any issues with sight/hearing with a couple of tests. I am
Wondering if it his his sight now

Back