• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ideas Please - What could be done to this to make it suitable for rabbits?

When I've had people come to adopt from me with these I have suggested panelling around the sides with ply wood or similar, putting a floor in the bottom and adding another run. That way the whole coop becomes indoor all weather space and the run is the new run space.

Most of these coops have mesh grids that can be slid out and the ply slid in to replace it but if not, the wood/ply/TandG can simply be attached around the sides. Not a lot to spend in order to upgrade.

i started off with something a bit like this.

I then bought outdoor plywood from b&q and hammered it on the bottom and to the back before buying a wooden run which I attached by opening 2 sets of door and putting removable pegs on. It passed the homecheck:D

Thank You so much for that link, It's perfect! I'll email it to them now & see what they think. Any other ideas, Please keep them coming :wave:

I agree with what Duchess was saying. The living area of those things is always tiny so I would make the whole thing enclosed living quarters like any other hutch and then add a nice run on the side :)

This is what one of my clients did to bring her old coop up to size standards - ultiimately she adopted from another rescue but she's still a boarding client now :) https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=249411815102553&set=a.224536014256800.55052.224203434290058&type=3&theater

Id do above or I thought you could also add a square run the same height as the coop to the front...so the coop would be a hideout area and then the aviary in the front a run area.....with a mesh panel door on the front...:p id make it as big as possible!

Back