• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonded male rabbits fighting

shelle84

New Kit
Hi i have 2 male rabbits e.b. and snarf which i got when they were 9 weeks old, they got on brilliantly until they turned about 16 weeks old and it got nasty resulting in e.b. being injured. I had them both neutered 3 days ago but i'm really worried i wont be able to get them to bond again :(

Just giving this thread a bump up the list :wave:

A bonding expert will surely be along soon, but until then keep them separate. Boys can get quite nasty if they want to. You'll probably be recommended to keep them separate for the next few weeks.

I'm not a buck expert but I'm sure somebody will be along soon with some advice :D

Hi there. Sorry your boys started fighting. It is the norm rather than the exception. If you can get them neutered before any fightinng then you have a good chance of them remaining friends. But this is too late for you so now you have had them neutered keep them separate for a month or so for hormones to subside and try them together again on neutral territory. You will have to keeo a very close eye on them because once boys have fought they usually do so again. It is very sad but it's what they do, I have had many brothers fine up to about 12 weeks and then bingo. I have a pair of brothers that managed to get to 5 months without falling out, so had them neutered and they are fine. You can have them neutered earlier but I chose not to.

Back