• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm so excited!!!! :D another U/D pg 1! I brought a shed!

i_am_tre

Warren Scout
Since I joined this fourm I have noticed that there are so many different ways to house rabbits that is t your basic hutch and run.

I've been wanting a shed for my guineas and rabbits to share (obviously in separate parts) for a while now and my mom was a bit warey of having another shed in our garden (the Garden is huge but we've already got 2 sheds and my mom didn't want it turning into shed city!) but today she's told me I can have one! I'm 21 years old but at the end of the day, I live in my parents house and what they say goes when it's to do with the house.

So I'm goin to borrow someones idea on here and Start it. My dads going to help and I've started a list of stuff I need like insulation, wood, ply, mesh etc etc.

I can't wait :) I've got to wait a little until my job is more secure but it's gonna be awesome.

Does anyone have any tips for doing out sheds? Or problems that they ran into while building. Maybe sizes that you used and things you think I'll need to add to my list?

I shall post photos and stuff of it in the making :)

Last edited:
That is exciting!

How lucky to be able to make your own! I can't offer advice, but I would love to see the pics of it!

Because I can't afford to have a shed atm, I've done up my hutch it's almost finished, I just need to paint the WHOLE hutch now and I'm done.

So here was my hutch before I did it up:
768cf562d82a11e1b0f41231382048f4_7.jpg

I found that it took a lot of time and difficulty to clean as I couldn't pull out the tray so it would take ages for me to clean out evey single bit of old bedding from it.

81ab4552d82a11e1ad5812313804842c_7.jpg

This is the flap I've put in, the rabbits haven't worked out how to use it yet, but they will.

8dbc4d64d82a11e1a75a22000a1c8831_7.jpg

This is my runaround pipe and half the box we have the cat flap in

161f7754d8ac11e19cc822000a1e8867_7.jpg

This is the hutch on it's new base and with the catflap installed

05c21fb8d73c11e19f3f22000a1c00f7_7.jpg

This is the blood blister I managed to sustain while cutting cable ties :lol:

0d26a5b0d8d811e1a77722000a1e95c3_7.jpg

This is the final one so far, we have the box which houses the one end of the tunnel and the catflap. Then it goes to the other end of the tunnel and the run. We've made shutters to keep the sun out and the rain out, you can see the ones on the bottom here but we have them for the whole hutch. I'm really proud of it :) even if it looks like an overgrown elephant :lol:

I brought a shed :) it's 6x8 and they'll haveTONNES of room to play :D it's coming on Saturday and I can't wait!

I have posted pics of my shed interior in my thread on this page. Will take some more pics later of the way I have attached the run, and also how bunnies can be shut in the shed, or in the run.

Hi,
What size is your hutch and can you remember where you got it from? Looks like something I would like (looking to buy a new hutch) ;)

i am excited for you and bunnies:D

Glad you have been inspired by the forum.:D

I look forward to seeing your finished project.:D

Back