• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Please help! Urgent!!!

Bugalugs

Warren Scout
My doe is not well. She hasn't eaten since yesterday afternoon apart from a few handfed treats yesterday evening. She has had a tiny amount to drink. Dropping output is minimal, as is urine.

Vet has given painkillers, gut stimulant, although her gut soulds ok and sent me home with syringe recovery food od which she has just had about 15ml.

She has a tiny spur and small ulcer on her tongue but vet was suprised that thos may have stopped her eating as it's so slight.

She is very lethargic and clearly in pain.

Any ideas what i can do?

Vet said to bring her back tomorrow unless she goes downhill today in which case i should take her back today.

Please help!

I'm trying to make another appointment now around the school run:cry:
She's deteriated rapidly in the past half an hour..... So much so that i almost want to go down the pts route as i can bear to see her like this. She's now all floppy.
I'm devastated.

I'm trying to make another appointment now around the school run:cry:
She's deteriated rapidly in the past half an hour..... So much so that i almost want to go down the pts route as i can bear to see her like this. She's now all floppy.
I'm devastated.

She needs to see a vet urgently im afraid.

If you can, just get in a car and drive there now, or get someone to take you and rush her in as an emergency, i wouldnt even worry about making an appt if she was mine and was in that condition.

I'm not sure I would bother with an appintment if she's that ill. I think I'd just phone and say I'm coming.

If the vet can only see a small spur it doesn't mean there aren't more that he can't see. They can only see the whole mouth when a rabbit is unconscious.

She needs to see a vet urgently im afraid.

If you can, just get in a car and drive there now, or get someone to take you and rush her in as an emergency, i wouldnt even worry about making an appt if she was mine and was in that condition.

This. I hope you can get to take her asap

Poor bunny, you must be so worried.

I agree that she needs to go back to the vet as soon as possible in the circumstances.

To add to Elena's point about dental problems, rabbits are all very different as to what they can tolerate as well - Bubbles has needed a few dentals in the past for very small spurs that perhaps wouldn't have bothered another rabbit.

Lots of vibes. xxx

Yes I agree with Karen, sometimes my Starbuck has stopped eating and the vet could only find small spurs - some bunnies are more sensitive than others.

Also I know how much it hurts when I try and eat when I have a big ulcer or something in my mouth.

Really hope you can get her seen as an emergency, I'd agree with the advice to just go. Sending vibes in the meantime.

As everyone else has said, just ring the vets and tell them it is emergency and you are coming back now.

I hope she will be OK.

I very much agree with the others that you should just phone and say you're on your way. I've done this several times with my vet and never had a problem.

Good luck with your girly.

She just died in the car on the way to the vets.....
I'm devastated. The poor thing deteriated so quickly i can't even think how on earth i'm going to break it to the children.

She just died in the car on the way to the vets.....
I'm devastated. The poor thing deteriated so quickly i can't even think how on earth i'm going to break it to the children.

Binky free little lady.

Be free at the bridge :(

I can't stop crying.
Waiting for vet to call me back about doing an autopsy. Now desperately worried about my other buns too :cry:

Back