• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

can two prebonded buns share the same secondary space

silver jedi

Young Bun
hi, i have one male mini rex (jedi ) who is not ready for neutering at four months old, i am getting a female rabbit at the weekend and she is booked in for spay asap, they are both house rabbits and if needs be (PLEASE ADVISE) dont have to come into visual contact with each other, but on top of the house areas we have an outside run and hutch which is the secondary space for my existing male rabbit. approx 4 hours a day my question is prior to bonding can both rabbits use the outside hutch and run (separatley ) both rabbits are to be hopefully bonded with each other once spaying and neutering done.Thanks .x

As long as they're separate there should be any problems with them using the same spaces or even seeing each other. It might cause them to mark a little more and spray and poo more in those areas. Also you might want to quarantine the new bun for a couple of weeks first.

hi, thanks for your reply, im beginning to get a bit confused with all the reading ive been doing about rabbits and conflicting advice thats out there, really glad that they can both use the outside space and hadnt thought about the quarrenteen aspect.x

As long as they're separate there should be any problems with them using the same spaces or even seeing each other. It might cause them to mark a little more and spray and poo more in those areas. Also you might want to quarantine the new bun for a couple of weeks first.

Good advice.

But bear in mind that there are never any guarantees.

Best of luck though.:thumb:

Back