• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

HELP with patches pen!!!!!!!?!?!??!?!??! **SORTA URGENT**

Damo

Warren Scout
Right as you know patches has his new pen

IMAG0173.jpg

Well we came home today to find a small home in the netting!!! We are mega afraid he is going to able to jump out of there!!

So in the mean time we have done this *i know its looks silly but it is balanced with more cable ties then B and Q stocks*

IMAG0176.jpg

We neeeeed a idea or something to put over the top of his cage which 1/ he cant eat it and 2/ we can easily remove and put it on when we need to

Thanks

No idea, sorry :oops: my indoor buns never even attempted to just out of theirs when they where in pens, although Leo is still in his but he has 2 and they go around the room so he can't chew the boards or let him escape into the loving mouth of the dog :roll::lol: (Dogs a softie btw, he doesn't know how to take the rabbits though so just stands watching them:lol: he's never with them though)

My outdoor buns have one with a metal roof now so it's more secure for them, but before they had curtains pegged down on an open topped one (supervised access) but they were fine :) we used A LOT of pegs :lol: don't know if that would help.. Maybe you could use a blanket or something as well as the net, as well as the metal grids :)

Get large thick fabric and secure it over the top of the pen using pegs.

There's probably more easier ways I can't think of :wave:

Why don't you make a middle hinged aviary panel which fits over the top of the pen? You could paint it a nice colour so it doesn't look out of place?

I don't think it would be too hard to do, just got to make sure all the angles are cut properly (use a mitre for this).

A large piece of plywood maybe? Definitely can't chew through it. If you put the netting back over the top of it, it would blend it in more :thumb:

Why don't you make a middle hinged aviary panel which fits over the top of the pen? You could paint it a nice colour so it doesn't look out of place?

I don't think it would be too hard to do, just got to make sure all the angles are cut properly (use a mitre for this).

This sounds good.:thumb::thumb:

The panels you've put on the top - how many of those do you have? could you not just tie those to the existing panels to raise the height a little if you're worried about him getting out?

Our Truffle jumped out once when they had a pen - she didn't like it out though, and never did it again!

You could get some chicken wire type stuff from a DIY shop possibly using bamboo canes to support it?

Back