• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Couple of questions!

aimz

Young Bun
Hiya, Sorry me again, I just want to get this right as not done this myself before.
I've had bonded rabbits in the past and have bonded my old boy eeyore and his new girlfriend dolly but that must have been 10years ago or so.

I have a French Lop who is a big lad, what breed is best to get to live with him as I don't want to get one thats too small as am worried he'll squash her. of course I am going to get a female,
Also if I were to breed from him, what breed is best and what is the max age a female can breed, I've heard they can breed from as young as 6months is this correct?

I have the means to pay and the space to look after the mother and babies, so before you ask these, I am fully equipped to breed from him and her.

Thankyou!

Amy

Hiya, Sorry me again, I just want to get this right as not done this myself before.
I've had bonded rabbits in the past and have bonded my old boy eeyore and his new girlfriend dolly but that must have been 10years ago or so.

I have a French Lop who is a big lad, what breed is best to get to live with him as I don't want to get one thats too small as am worried he'll squash her. of course I am going to get a female,

He would need to be neutered and then the best way would be to let him choose his own friend from a rescue. Size doesn't matter, but personality does. If they have enough space then there won't be an issue with squashng because, most likely, if the bunny was smaller, s/he would move a lot faster than a larger bunny. You might want to read this about bonding. http://flashsplace.webs.com/bondingbunnies.htm

Also if I were to breed from him, what breed is best and what is the max age a female can breed, I've heard they can breed from as young as 6months is this correct?

I have the means to pay and the space to look after the mother and babies, so before you ask these, I am fully equipped to breed from him and her.

Thankyou!

Amy

I am afraid that I disagree that you are fully equipped to breed because your question shows you are lacking basic knowledge. This is the best advice I can give to anyone who wants to breed. http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?327922

I am afraid that I disagree that you are fully equipped to breed because your question shows you are lacking basic knowledge. This is the best advice I can give to anyone who wants to breed. http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?327922

Hi, I'm not going to breed from him but I am just getting all information for the future, I am in rented property atm so I wouldn't be allowed another 4 hutches or so lol!!! I have been to the vet to get a price of neutering, but no I'm not going to breed rabbits. I start my new job in 3 weeks, but I do appreciate your advice. I wouldn't be able to breed anyway as will be looking at rescues.

Thankyou x

Back