• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Miracles Do Happen!

Fifibutton

Wise Old Thumper
First a little bit of background information.
Take my two single boys, Nori (Dutch) has been widowed twice, the last time just a couple of months ago :( He is a lovely natured old lad.
Merri (English cross) used to live with his sisters until he bulled them so I bonded them to Nori (not at the same time). I tried Merri with other females in rescue and he was ferocious. He is also a little old man.

Both boys live side by side in separate runs and have often tried to fight through their dividers. Merri was destined to be single forever, he seemed to want it that way.

Anyway I came to my parents house where the boys live to find this:

MerriandNori20thMay20121.jpg

MerriandNori20thMay20122.jpg

My dad has been bonding them :shock: And it has been working. Merri licked Nori and seeks affection from him. Nori acts a little aloof and eats Merri's food :lol:

They are not ready to live together yet but they can share free range time without fighting and don't mind sharing the runs (at play). We're hoping to have them living together by winter as it will be nice for them to have companions in their old age. But we will take it extra slow.

I am so happy, and so astounded, I love my dad so much, he is amazing. Not even nervous about bonding, just decided to do it like a typical man and I quote "see what happens" :lol::love:

Back