• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shed Progress

Bailey:)

Warren Scout
I have started to do up the shed :D

The shed has lights in already which is awesome, but they need an extension cord all the time but better than nothing! It was my dads shed so it hasn't been used for quite awhile.

Firstly, due to my horrific fear of spiders I had to get my mum to clean out all the little *******. Then i've had my little sister hanging around with me the whole time to get rid of any extra ones we see :lol: Started to paint the inside today, it's harder work than I realised! Especially when there are a few woodlice and other bugs interrupting our hard work :roll:.

Unfortunatly because of the very bad weather we had over winter and so far this year, we have a couple of damp patches in there but we're going to get a dehumidifier thing and right now just working on keeping the doors open for extra ventilation since theres nothing in there to be stolen. Will probably end up just giving the buns a hole in the side instead of a flap for increased air flow. The only row of windows the shed has face the direction of the wind so not too sure about the plan with those yet.. i'm getting ahead of myself with only three quaters of one of the walls painted :oops:

I'll be using this thread to post the progress, pictures tomorrow! Aiming on getting the rest of the base coat on tomorrow, possibly start the second coat and *touch wood* should be ready for flooring by wednesday!

Very excited to not have to look in every corner when I go in!!

((If anyone has a step by step guide for making up those shelves and ramps can I please have a link? I am usless at DIY and i'm already asking my uncle quite a bit by attaching the run to the shed!))

Picture time! :wave:

Upon inspection this morning, found two woodlice which is an improvement from yesterday! One is the one I accidently painted white :lol:

Click on the pictures for bigger images! I didn't want to fill the page with huge pictures!

Here is the side we have started painting (the weird blue stuff on the unpainted wall was from my dads spray paint)

Then we have the windowed side, with the shelves i'll be taking down as soon as - they are very gross and tiny!

Finally, just took a quick picture to show an example of the damp we have in the corners. I don't think it's that bad, hopefully the dehumidifier will stop it, as well as increased air flow from the doors being open and the hole for the buns when that goes in!

I'm off to the hairdressers this morning and it usually takes like 3 hours, but should be ready for more painting afterwards :D. I can't wait till it's all done I don't have to look in every corner for those lurking eight legged beasts :shock:

That's looking great! :D It's going to take aaaaages to paint a shed that big! :shock: But it'll be worth it. :D Hopefully the 8 legged freaks will stay away when it's in regular use, and when it's all bright and clean you'll be able to spot them easily to remove them.

Oh wow I would love to have that much space for my buns :thumb: lucky thing, can't wait to see what ideas you have for it.

Looking good!!!!:thumb:

When I can move in then?????:lol::lol:

Looking forward to photos of it all finished.:thumb:

If you are up and ready for bug removal then right now please!! :lol: Theres a wasp that keeps coming in for ages, freaks my little sister out haha. We are still painting, it is so slow! :shock:

I can't buy any flooring until Wednesday anyway because i'm poor and really need a payday but looking forward to actually being ready for flooring haha! I'm very glad that the paint doesn't stink!

Back