• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Housing for bunny whilst on holiday

Hello.
Just wondered if anyone had any advice regarding housing my gorgeous little Dutch lionhead girl when we go on holiday in 5wks. She is 16wks old and is seeing the vet on Monday regarding spaying. She is very loveable and well behaved, has bonded so well with myself and is only slightly wary for the kids! We go away for 3wks to disneyworld, my friend who lives round the corner (also has a family) volunteered to have her at her house, they have no other animals at present other than a hamster. My friend works shifts in the evenings and for a few hours in the day. My mum has also voiced her liking to have her, she lives alone a bit further away.
Just don't want her to be freaked out by another family or house, would it be best to arrange someone to pop in twice a day to see her and feed her etc or do you think she would be better off in someone else's house? I've never had a house rabbit before, and she's like my baby now!! So just want to do what's best for her.
Thanks in advance for any advice :)
Terri x

hi,

if your mum has a 'quieter' house than your friends i would take her there.
i think your bunny would be better in a calm enviroment if it is strange to her rather than a noisy strange house with children who may not know how to behave around rabbits. :)

personally i'd rather she had company if she were mine rather than just a twice daily visit as well.

Back