• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Bunny tummy noises

Claire_r

Warren Scout
Our 9 week old girl bunny (pebble) has been to the vets for a upset tummy, they gave her antibiotics and painkiller. We heard her tummy gurgling but she is still drinking and eating, but only hay as we were advised not to give her pellets for today, her tummy isn't hard it just feels the same as our other bunnies. She is still pooping but they are a bit smaller than normal but loads better than yesterday. She seems to be getting better but we are still a bit worried.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you :D

A gurgly tum is often a sign of things improving. Horses are similar. As medicines begin to work their magic and course through the intestines it often sounds quite musical. As long as she is behaving normally and eating and pooing as you said things should be ok but of course do keep an eye on her. If she becomes quite still and starts grinding her teeth and stops eating then I would take her back to the vet.

Also make sure she has constant access to hay as she will probably be extra hungry just now. Fingers crossed she is on the mend now.

Thank you for your help. She is eating quite a lot of hay (we found her sat on top of the hay rack earlier :)) and she is drinking water still so hopefully she will get better soon.

one of our buns has a noisy tummy :p...it scared me the first time i heard it as i had only heard a bunnies tummy like it before when they were poorly:roll:...i think some bunnies just have more noisy tummies than others:lol:

We think she is loads better now, she has just been runninga round the kitchen trying to chew everything ! :shock: I am just putting a hand full of pellets in a day and gradually putting in more so hopefully she will be back to normal soon! :D

Might be the pellets if ya giving her loads I'm not sure how many pellets baby bunnys have have you got to go back to vets for a check up I would wait on the pellets if you have hope ya bunny is fully fit again soon 

We have only been giving them half a bowl and flint tends to eat most of them, they are pellets that she has had from the breeder we bought them from so I don't think it's those. Thank you :D I'm sure she will be fine she is running around like a crazy little thing.

Back