• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tips on bonding plz

Hi my doe that I have had for many years has suddenly lost her mate now 3 month down the line and we have another rabbit another doe at 14 weeks old but where do I start when it comes to bonding ?

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?262676-Forming-a-trio-need-help-!&highlight=hour have a look at the information I have put in this thread. There is at least 2 sections I have added

Preparation is the key thing with bonding to ensure that you achieve all the requiremets as shown in the above thread. The easiest option if to have a neutered male / neutered female. Two same sex neutered rabbits is possible and has been done by many people but it is can be a tricky option with some. Personally I would not recommend bonding unneutered rabbits particuarly once any are over 9 weeks of age, they may settle at the start however there is a reasonable chance that they will not reach maturity without having had a fight.

If you need any further information please PM me.

Back