• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

males???

can two male bunnies live together. My friend is putting her male rabbit up for adoption, and i don't know if he is neutered... But i have 1 male bunny who i am neutering in the Easter Holidays. Can 1 bunny who is neutered get along with one that is not???
Please answer!!!
THANKS!!! :D:D:D:p:p:p:wave::wave::wave::):)

can two male bunnies live together. My friend is putting her male rabbit up for adoption, and i don't know if he is neutered... But i have 1 male bunny who i am neutering in the Easter Holidays. Can 1 bunny who is neutered get along with one that is not???
Please answer!!!
THANKS!!! :D:D:D:p:p:p:wave::wave::wave::):)

No, you would need both Bucks to be neutered to have any chance of bonding them.

The can get along if they're both neutered but that goes for any sex of rabbit.
Without being neutered their hormones can make them aggressive to other rabbits. It doesn't always happen but I think the risk is too big to try it. Could you get him neutered too?

I agree with Jane - there is absolutely no way I would even consider two males together unless both had been castrated for at least 6 weeks. Uncastrated males have a very strong territorial and mating urge and male bunnies also 'go' straight for the testicles. You are highly likely to end up with a serious fight and serious injuries, I've seen plenty, sadly. If castrating the other chap (if he isn't done already) and keeping the two separate for several weeks until after the most recent op and you can bond them 'properly' on neutral territory several weeks later is an option, then It might be worth you considering (but you will also need to recognise that there is a risk they will not get on even if both neutered). If you can't do this, then please don't take him and attempt the bond, as you are more likely to end up creating a bigger welfare issue than you solve, sadly. I you're unable to take him on that basis, perhaps you could help her find a good home - there is advice on the main rabbit rehome page on how to look for a good home, home check etc to make sure that a bunny up for rehoming doesn't end up somewhere worse than he started.

Good luck with whatever you decide x

Back