• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When can I bond neutered bun with my other 2?

Hector was neutered on friday and when he's recovered i'm hoping to bond him with tinkerbell and mischief. :) I should know this by now but i've forgotten... :oops: when can I bond him with my other 2? :) Mischief and Tink are neutered and spayed.

since the other 2 are already done couldnt you just start once hes recovered from his neuter or is it different with 3 :roll:

6-8 weeks, give or take :wave:

I agree with this.

since the other 2 are already done couldnt you just start once hes recovered from his neuter or is it different with 3 :roll:

To give the bond the maximum chance of success it is preferable to wait until the hormones have died down otherwise the hormones can get in the way and make the bonding process harder and more difficult. Also when the hormones die down the behaviour might be different and a different rabbit in charge and the hormones and need for humping can mask this.

If other buns were already neutered/spayed, I probably wouldn't wait 8 weeks. If there was excessive hormonal behaviour still I might - agression/humping/spraying, or if I expected difficulties but if not I would proably start looking at at 3 weeks

6-8 weeks :shock: I thought i'd only have to wait about 2 weeks. :oops: Thanks. :)

You can get away with doing it earlier, but what's been given by me and Gray is just the standard advice (based on bunneis we haven't seen, whose behaviour we don't know, whose personalities we don't know). If you know your pair are accepting, or he isn't acting very hormonal or anything then you lose nothing by trying earlier, but just bear in mind that if he behaves in a hormonal way then you might need to delay it a bit more :)

You can get away with doing it earlier, but what's been given by me and Gray is just the standard advice (based on bunneis we haven't seen, whose behaviour we don't know, whose personalities we don't know). If you know your pair are accepting, or he isn't acting very hormonal or anything then you lose nothing by trying earlier, but just bear in mind that if he behaves in a hormonal way then you might need to delay it a bit more :)

And even if he isn't displaying hormonal behaviour, we've seen on RU in the past, the recently neutered bunny suddenly shows those hormones and scrapping/fighting breaks out.

For the sake of 6 weeks, i'd much rather wait, personally.

Glad to hear Hector's op went well. :D

Wouldn't it be a good idea for you to bond them in the Easter hols?! It will be 6-8 wks after his neuter by then(I think :? :roll: ). And you will have plenty of time for bonding.

Back