• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

homemade toys

joeydoodle

Warren Scout
just a few of the toys we've made Joey this week ... :D

tube treat ball - we made some of these yesterday and filled one with pellets and basil - he's not at all interested in getting in to the food :lol: just rolls it and throws it around :roll:
6880167359_d5c28114ee.jpg

This morning I drilled some holes through some of Fluffers apple sticks (thank you Fluffers ;)) and E threaded them onto garden string ...
IMG_5698-1.jpg

He likes this one a lot :D but we already knew he loved Fluffers apple sticks :love: :love:
IMG_5701-1.jpg

next ... please ignore my crazy Dd!! we found one of E's old wooden shoe lace toys in her room and she decided to let Joey have it - so we tied some hay to it with garden string and attached it to his hutch door ...
IMG_5706-1.jpg

yay, he likes it :D ... and it spins too!! :lol:
IMG_5708-1.jpg

happy bun & happy Dd :love:

Last edited:
Lovely piccies and great toys :thumb:

Just a word of caution - some buns like to eat string :roll: Unfortunately Hopscotch is one those buns.....(I managed to salvage it before it was digested). I'm trying to think of an alternative for you *scratches head* Maybe some sort of wire ? :?

Lovely piccies and great toys :thumb:

Just a word of caution - some buns like to eat string :roll: Unfortunately Hopscotch is one those buns.....(I managed to salvage it before it was digested). I'm trying to think of an alternative for you *scratches head* Maybe some sort of wire ? :?

sorted I think, I've taken off the garden twine on both the hay and apple stick hanger and replaced it with some seagrass twine that came off his ball. ;)

I've been researching toys over the past few days as Joey seems to be eating his hutch stairs and litter tray (plastic) more since his op :? :( He's even started on the lino now :(

I'm just not sure what's good or not as some links and websites say yes to certain toys and others say no! :?

He eats his litter tray which can't be good, so I don't want to give him plastic flower pots of baby key toys etc. Papers not good to eat so I don't fancy given him a yellow pages or similar - we fill toilet roll/cardboard tubes with hay and treats but he's not really interested in those :? well he throws them around, but isn't bothered about getting the treats out!! The tube balls we made yesterday still have treats inside so I'll have to empty those out later :(

I guess he might be nibbling his hutch more as his hormones are all over the place at the minute :? ... think he needs his lady bun to sort him out :lol: and his new hutch with the run will obviously mean more free run time for him :D

open to suggestions if you have any :thumb: thanks Jen x

Last edited:
Great toys :D Your daughter and Joey are very cute :lol:

thanks Holly :D

here's the new twine wrapped spinning hay feeder :lol: which I expect to be all munched by later today :D
IMG_5710-1.jpg

and the apple stick hanger is now back in and Joey is having a good nom nom :D
IMG_5709-1.jpg

Brilliant :thumb: Seagrass is fine so well done :thumb: Thank you so much for posting these pics. Hopefully other folks will pinch your ideas and make some toys for their buns too ;)

Yes I think you're right, his hormones will be settling plus it's Spring and he'll know that! Hopefully another couple of weeks and he'll have chilled out a bit more and will have a hunbun to snuggle and play with. In the meantime, the more free range time you can give him the better :D:wave:

ETA: you could try spraying the areas he's chewing with some white vinegar. Might deter him for a while ;)

Brilliant ideas. :thumb:

Unfortunately I have a rather lazy (spoilt :oops:) bunny who likes to be hand-fed his hay and apple twigs.

Brilliant :thumb: Seagrass is fine so well done :thumb: Thank you so much for posting these pics. Hopefully other folks will pinch your ideas and make some toys for their buns too ;)

Yes I think you're right, his hormones will be settling plus it's Spring and he'll know that! Hopefully another couple of weeks and he'll have chilled out a bit more and will have a hunbun to snuggle and play with. In the meantime, the more free range time you can give him the better :D:wave:

ETA: you could try spraying the areas he's chewing with some white vinegar. Might deter him for a while ;)

will definitely do that ;) he's been out for a lot longer today as we were doing some gardening, so he got to do some worm digging with E :D

I'll give the white vinegar a go too ;) thank you!

Back