• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Bella is ill :( *emergency operation tomorrow morning* :'(

Jackaroonie

Mama Doe
Today poor little Bella was just laying down and refusing her pellets and her favourite bunny crunch biscuits which she never does :cry:
I knew we had to get her to the vets asap.. so we got an appointment with in and 1 hour, her gut is fine but she has a spur on her back teeth rubbing into her tongue :cry:
he gave her a pain relief injection and since being home she has ate some pellets and her bunny crunch treat biscuit :)

we are dropping her of at 8:30 tomorrow morning, she will be staying in our house for 24hrs after the op :)

vibes please!!! :cry:

Poor Bella. :( Well done on getting her to the vet so quickly though :D and best of luck for tomorrow. :love:

Poor Bella. :( Well done on getting her to the vet so quickly though :D and best of luck for tomorrow. :love:

thank you, Im sure Bella will cope fine this will be her 3rd anthesetic, she copes really well it only took her a few hours to start eating after her spay and running about :D

Im just so glad it has happened in the holidays because I can care for her :) hope this will be her last dental, she had a dental on her incisors 18 months ago :cry:

Oh dear, I'm sorry. :( Poor Bella, sending her lots of vibes. It's good that you noticed it and got her seen so quickly. Does she have misaligned teeth or do you think it is just bad luck she is needing a dental?

Oh dear, I'm sorry. :( Poor Bella, sending her lots of vibes. It's good that you noticed it and got her seen so quickly. Does she have misaligned teeth or do you think it is just bad luck she is needing a dental?

Thanks for the vibes :)

she was fine last night so she must of not been in any pain until today :( it was obvious she was ill as she will never ever refuse a russel rabbit carrot crunch biscuit thing :lol:
her front incisors over lap a tiny bit, she had a dental on them 18 months ago, they said they might file them down tomorrow aswell as they are getting a bit long :cry:

this will be her first dental on her molars. Bella will be 4 next month, luckily *touch wood* 2 dentals in 4 years is not too bad, as some poor buns get them every weekk :cry:

I reckon it could be a genetic problem :cry:

Oh no! 18 months between dentals is fab :thumb: That's what I hope for Poppy too :D Maybe Bella won't have to have another one for even longer :D

We send vibes for the lovely Bella and hope everything goes well and she is back home eating and pooping very soon :) xx

Sending lots of vibes for Bella, I'm sure she'll be fine. I know just how worrying it is, so sending hugs for you as well! (((((()))))). Good luck for tomorrow. xxx

Sending lots of vibes for Bella, I'm sure she'll be fine. I know just how worrying it is, so sending hugs for you as well! (((((()))))). Good luck for tomorrow. xxx

Thank you :)

Hope it goes well tomorrow. Sending lots of vibes for Bella xx

Thank you Helen :) just came back from the shed, Bella was asking for a treat hooray the pain relief is working :) hope tomorrow will be her last EVER dental.. x

Back