• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

48 inch dog crate, suitable for bonding..?

LuckyLucy

Warren Scout
I ordered a 48inch dog crate on Wednesday and I was just wondering..
Are they quite big and spacious? I'm bonding Daisy and Fred in mid February and I want them in the same cage.. Will I have to buy two and put them together or will one be enough for two medium sized buns?

:wave:

Last edited:
I don't have bonding experience but my understanding is that you will need to at least partition the crate, so I'm not sure if it might be on the small side. Limited space is generally recommended in the early stages of bonding, so it might be OK. If you add 'suitable for bonding?' to the thread title you should get a more experienced replay. :wave:

I don't have bonding experience but my understanding is that you will need to at least partition the crate, so I'm not sure if it might be on the small side. Limited space is generally recommended in the early stages of bonding, so it might be OK. If you add 'suitable for bonding?' to the thread title you should get a more experienced replay. :wave:

Ahh thank you :D

Space wise it should be fine but my experience with dog crates is that if they fight, you can't easily get to them to separate them. I personally prefer to use puppy pen panels and have access from above, or the old 48inch nero cages and not clip the top on.

Space wise it should be fine but my experience with dog crates is that if they fight, you can't easily get to them to separate them. I personally prefer to use puppy pen panels and have access from above, or the old 48inch nero cages and not clip the top on.

Ahh I see what you mean.. I think what i'll do is, put them in the crate once they're fully bonded.. and make the safco cages they've got into a run type thingy in the bonding stage.. I'm a genius! :lol: ;)

Back