• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The tale of three cats

RubyTed

Wise Old Thumper
This is Yellow

f3ed5ab8.jpg

A year ago he wouldn't say boo to a goose. He came in the house for a meal and then would leave sharpish. You couldn't look at him, let alone touch him.

The change is unbelievable. He'd easily pass as your regular cat and to look at him you'd never know what unspeakable things he must have gone through when a kitten.

Red, his brother still shows his scars :( and needs more time.

6357266b.jpg

Whilst a lot more relaxed, he still scarpers at any loud noise and if any man, other than my brother, comes near the house you won't see him for the rest of the day. He hasn't realised what home comforts bring, like Yellow has (heaters, sofas and beds) and insists on sleeping in the garage on a pile of sheets.

8a965fc7.jpg

....And this is Solomon. In past years he wouldn't let neighbouring cats "on his turf" and was definitely top cat. For some reason, just over a year ago, he had a change of heart and let Red and Yellow in....and let them share his food. :shock: Of course when he'd done it once he couldn't back out, and so now he shares his house, sometimes grudgingly with Red and Yellow. :lol: (Little did he know what he was letting himself into.)

My mum went from one cat to three....something she could never imagine happening.....but wouldn't change!

I can't believe my luck that we're getting our own puss-kin tomorrow! I hate saying goodbye to Solomon! :love::love:

Back