• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

when is it safe to bond??

kerrylouise

Warren Scout
my male rabbit sootie was castrated a week and a half ago
i now have a female rabbit (lola) who is 10 weeks old
when is it safe to start bonding the without worrying that baby rabbits might appear :wave:

I think it is 6, probably evern 8 weeks to be on the safe side. Will you be getting your female spayed when she is old enough as it might be better to wait until then.

I think it is 6, probably evern 8 weeks to be on the safe side. Will you be getting your female spayed when she is old enough as it might be better to wait until then.

It would be safest to wait until 6-8 weeks after she is spayed because otherwise you risk fights when her hormones arrive. If you choose to risk it, then you have to wait 6-8 weeks after his neuter, but always have a plan for if you need to separate them.

thank you:)

i am definately getting her spayed, but he opened her hutch with his nose and got in there this evening i notcied him quickly so got him out just hope it was quick enough :?

they can be spayed from 4 months cant they?

It would be safest to wait until 6-8 weeks after she is spayed because otherwise you risk fights when her hormones arrive. If you choose to risk it, then you have to wait 6-8 weeks after his neuter, but always have a plan for if you need to separate them.

Thanks for clarifying Sky-O.

Back