• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Olivia is going to the vet tomorrow

audrinasmommy

Young Bun
Hey everyone!!! I posted a couple of weeks ago about my female bunny who had a seizure. Well, she has had some seizure activity again. She hasnt had another seizure yet, but she has been showing signs like she is going to have one. So she is being seen first thing in the morning. The vet told me if she has one tonight to take her to the emergency vet and they will give her meds. So, keeps us in your prayers and wish us luck!

Lots of vibes for your bunny, will be thinking of her tonight & in the morning, I hope she has a calm & peaceful night free from any seizures.x.x.

:( I'm so sorry to hear this, sending lots of vibes for a peaceful night and best of luck at the vet tomorrow. xx

Thank you so much everyone! I usually keep her in the dining room, but I have moved her to our office tonight where it is more quiet and calm. My 2 year old daughter is running around being crazy tonight and im afraid it is stressing Olivia. So I thought it would be beneficial to move Olivia from the hustle and bustle and keep her quiet and calm. But I am also afraid that moving her to a room she is not accustomed to will also stress her. im stuck in a Catch 22. i hope Im making the right decision by moving her :?

Aww poor girl, I hope everything went well last night and the vet gets her fit and healthy again in no time!

Back from the vet appointment

Well, took Olivia to the vet this morning. She thankfully did not have a seizure last night. So I am very happy about that. They ran a full blood profile on her this morning and did a E. Cunniculi test on her again. Waiting for results of all that. They said visually, she is perfectly healthy. Last time she was weighed (2 weeks ago) she was 8 pounds 14 ounces. Today she is 7 pounds 6 ounces. They said when she was weighed 2 weeks ago (at the emergency vet) that she was a little over weight. They are happy with weight now. They do not want her to get over 8 pounds. But other than that, she is good. Hopefully the blood test will show the same thing :p

That's good news, I hope the test results come back ok.

What breed of rabbit is she? She sounds huge.

I put the update into this thread for you so that it's easier for people to follow Olivia's progress. :D:wave:

I'm so relieved to hear that Olivia had a peaceful night without any seizures & I hope she was ok with being moved to the other room; I'm sure the peace and quiet in there would have been beneficial for her. :) I hope the blood test results bring some good news or can shed some light on things. :love:

Thank you Karen for moving it so it would be easier. I appreciate your help. Janey, to answer your question, she is a Rex. She is a year old.

Last edited:
Back